Virginia

Need a venue in Virginia beach on a budget!

I need to find a venue here in Virginia Beach for a low price. Me and my fiance are planning to get married in November of 2011, so it must be indoors. We want the ceremony in the same place as the reception. I just moved to Virginia Beach so I dont know any of the good places to have a wedding. We are not military so we can't have it on base. Please help!!!!

Thank you!!

Re: Need a venue in Virginia beach on a budget!

• edited December 2011
    You actually do not need to be in the military to have a wedding on base, you just need a sponsor in most cases.  Know someone who knows someone..  it doesn't matter :)
    Just contact the coordinator at the local bases (Dam Neck and  Norfolk Naval both have lovely facilities) and they will be sure to help you.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked on wedding bee for vendors. The list is really long and they're not all in Virginia Beach, but it's really helpful.
    http://www.weddingbee.com/reviews/va-virginia/virginia-beach/venue
  • gindon123gindon123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Girl:)

I found this great wedding company and they work with the military. My fiance' and I just moved to the area as well and they found us a fabulous venue and all the vendors.

you can see them at www.primoevents.net

here is their number  757-965-2369

• edited December 2011
    I am having mine on base. I am not military. I just know someone that sponsored me on. They are VERY reasonable. You dont have to do any decorating. All you have to do is bring centerpieces. The food is wonderful. A couple of places that you have to provide the decorations and food is Lynnhaven Colony Community Center. You can use just the reception hall for $800 if you want to use the curch as well it's $1200. Also there is Church of Ascension. I don't remember the prices there. I just liked these two places (and they both allowed alcohol.Wink)
  • edited December 2011
    There is a VFW Post 3160 in Norfolk  that rents out their hall for $550.  It is fairly large. fits 300 seated at banquet tables (you can rent round tables, but it will cost more)  and has a fairly large dance floor and a spot for a bar, and stage for a dj.  We are using it in October and so far the people have been very helpful. you get it for the whole day for the 550 (that includes a fee for using the kitchen to keep catering food warm) she may quote you a different price depending on the time and your needs, but I love it so far.  It looks easy to decorate, and there is parking available.  Hope that helps!

You could also try the Women's Club of Norfolk, they are much smaller and a bit more expensive (about 1100) but its a beautiful victorian style house.  They were too small for us!
  • edited December 2011

Shifting sands is very afordale.  Some of the hotels not directly on the beach have decent pricing.

• malbontrmalbontr member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    if it's not too late, you can check out The Yacht Club at Marina Shores.  Waterfront and offers full wedding packages.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards