Snarky Brides

Come out, come out lurkers

Re: Come out, come out lurkers

• Been working, and working out when I'm not working.  I'm down 7 pounds, and there's definitely been an increase in strength and a decrease in the love handles/muffin top.

New job kicks asss.  Love the no weekends schedule, love that I don't have to clean up poop.  Love that I'm actually helping people be more independent, as oppose to just keeping them clean and fed and alive.

Quitting was awesome.  The new job wanted me to start asap, so I sent the old boss an email saying I was quitting effective immediately, and sorry for giving her a scheduling mess to deal with.  Probably not the smartest move, but I really was going to be useless for the last 2 weeks if I would have given notice.  I'm happier this way, which is all I care about these days.

I'm kinda liking the not as many wedding related questions concept for now.  I'm kinda burned out on wedding stuff, which is not good considering there's wedding stuff I need to do since it's coming up in, like, 3 months.  Holy crap.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:6122b9d8-6837-4026-9301-5648e2ff2480">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't recall reading about poop or girl on girl action on this board. I think i'd remember something like that.
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]

Right?  It confused me too. 

But, please see Mocha's response for some poop talk.

Mocha, congrats on the weight loss and the new job!  I'm glad you're happier :) 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • My name's Christi and I'm an elementary school teacher.  I do it because I like children (usually... sometimes?) and I get summers off.  That, and the joy of spreading knowledge and changing the future one child at a time while being called a glorified babysit is very cool.

When is your wedding?  June 24, 2011

Why don't you post? I post here are there.  Mostly, I get to read about the drama after it's all over. That and I'm not sure my dry/sarcastic sense of humor will be fully appreciated, even on the SB board.

Who's your fave?  Cew's sig picture is my favorite. Does that count?

Pretend we have control over who posts here--who would you kick off the SB island? None on this board come to mind, though there are a few around other boards...

If you could be any color of M&Ms, what color would you be and why?  Green because it tastes the best.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Mocah I am proud of your weight loss and congrats on your new job!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:f11eb946-2f31-40c8-9b56-f88a6cf71d5a">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : As far as I know, the "real reason" is that people were board hopping and saw that there were some crazy ass uninhibited newbs running around on this board giving craptastical advice.  So a few of them hung out to help correct the problem.  Then they realized this board was kind of fun, and there were far fewer lame posts here than on E.  So a few more of us started board hopping to be able to post with posters that we liked.   Then we got crucified as a whole for only posting about poop and girl on girl action.  I still hang out on both boards, but this one has had more threads that interest me lately, so I find myself here more than E.  I go where the action is, yo.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

okay,  but I thought that was the pretend/approved answer. It seemed like there was an underlying reason that some people wanted to get away from E and "start" a new board. Like Cew, M&M and someone else. I could be way off, but that's the understanding I got.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Don't be afraid to post when it seems like something has died down, unless it's a topic that needs to die like the stupid "What Etiquette rule did you break" post on E.
    I normally don't get on until 8pm so I'm always posting late, we need to beef up the night crew.

• lol I spoke too soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:7ee351d4-57e7-4be0-ad80-15cef38dfa05">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : okay,  but I thought that was the pretend/approved answer. It seemed like there was an underlying reason that some people wanted to get away from E and "start" a new board. Like Cew, M&M and someone else. I could be way off, but that's the understanding I got.
    Posted by csuperstar02[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks!  I'm ridiculously pleased with myself the last month or so, I didn't realize how much of a depressed grump I was becoming over the winter.

I'm normally not around till 11:30 central these days, and it seems like everyone's gone to bed by then, so I do too usually.

• J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:7ee351d4-57e7-4be0-ad80-15cef38dfa05">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : okay,  but I thought that was the pretend/approved answer. It seemed like there was an underlying reason that some people wanted to get away from E and "start" a new board. Like Cew, M&M and someone else. I could be way off, but that's the understanding I got.

Yeah, some people think cew left because some people didn't think she was funny (edit: I'm totally speaking for cew, but that's not why).    They'd be idiots if they thought they were starting a super secret society over here (and they're not, I assure you).  I can't speak for everyone, but I think most of us find SB to be a more positive environment overall, without everyone spouting puppies and rainbows, and that's why we've stayed.

Ms Teach, sarcasm is greatly appreciated here.  Share with the class.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:ca7e3f2c-0933-4205-af92-f45ae9b43ddb">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't be afraid to post when it seems like something has died down, <strong>unless it's a topic that needs to die like the stupid "What Etiquette rule did you break"</strong> post on E. I normally don't get on until 8pm so I'm always posting late, we need to beef up the night crew.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  WTF is up with that zombie post?  I haven't bothered to read past the first page on that one.
  •  It would be nice if more people were on at night. I get home sometimes around 11 and it's pretty much dead. I would expect at least the West coast people to still be awake and posting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:290f6277-99b2-40e1-9ffb-37aa29ec445b">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!  I'm ridiculously pleased with myself the last month or so, I didn't realize how much of a depressed grump I was becoming over the winter. I'm normally not around till 11:30 central these days, and it seems like everyone's gone to bed by then, so I do too usually.
    Posted by mocha beans[/QUOTE]

Oh, we could have an 1130 CST standing date here on SB.

• Yeah, if there was another reason for leaving E, I don't think anyone would admit it because then it would start a huge board war.

• You should be proud Mocha, keep up the good work!
  • I'm around late. Except lately when I've been sleepy a nd go to be early
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:7ee351d4-57e7-4be0-ad80-15cef38dfa05">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : okay,  but I thought that was the pretend/approved answer. <strong>It seemed like there was an underlying reason that some people wanted to get away from E and "start" a new board. Like Cew, M&M and someone else</strong>. I could be way off, but that's the understanding I got.
    Some people like to think the knot revolves around them and they are the root cause of everything. Thats an ego thing.

No one left E because of some deep issue or scheme, we moved to SB because this is where our friends/good conversation is. Its as simple as that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:172592d2-062e-4896-8466-3574a706db58">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : Oh, we could have an 1130 CST standing date here on SB.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I'm down with that.  I try and stay awake to catch the 1 am rebroadcast of the news, since I can't watch tv at the new job and I don't get up early enough to catch the morning news.

I think you know when your a real adult when suddenly not being able to watch the news is mildly disconcerting.
  • The E vs SB posts just confused me. Especially with the "SB girls get defensive" posts. The only time SB talks about E in posts is to say "You guys are welcome to come too". I could be completely missing something though, so maybe there's a horrible post I never saw.
     I was sad that some of my favorite posters stopped posting on E, then started posting here, so after sulking for a week I just started posting over here too.
    I just don't get why people are getting up in arms about it. I have two tabs open on my comp, one with E, one with SB. Both boards are slow enough I can keep an eye on both along with doing whatever else I'm doing at the moment.
  • I am Alli. I live in Boston, and am getting married on the Cape. I work at a college, and I am getting my second bachelor's degree there as well - I graduate at the end of August, then get married 4 weeks later!

When is your wedding? September 18, 2010

Why don't you post?  I do a little, but I don't have as much time as I like to post as much as I would like.

Who's your fave? Hmm, don't know if I have a fave.

Pretend we have control over who posts here--who would you kick off the SB island? Can I kick someone off E instead? I find Amoro to be the must rude beyotch on the boards. Everytime she posts I want to smack the computer screen.

If you could be any color of M&Ms, what color would you be and why?Color doesn't matter, but can I have be a peanut butter M&M? Cuz that is how I roll.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That seems tame. Weird how out it got blown into such a big deal.
  • Exactly Katie. I found it weird too. I am glad you are here though!

I try posting on both boards but this one seems more active now.
  • playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2010
     Tell me about yourself. 

My name is Patty, (I should probably make up a different sn since it has his in... on it and I was going to get married 10-15-11.

When is your wedding? No longer getting married. Back in the single world. 

Why don't you post?  I wanted to read to see how the feel of the board is. It seems more laid back then the "other" board. I like the regs that post here and the board is always entertaining.   I been starting to chime in here and there.

Who's your fave? Sucrets, Roxy, Nebb, Shelly,and a few others.

Pretend we have control over who posts here--who would you kick off the SB island? Just those that come here acting like everyone should be lovey dovey, and they have a fit about not getting "nice" comments back to their posts. They need to read the name of the board before they start complaining about the responses. 

If you could be any color of M&Ms, what color would you be and why? blue, because it was one of the last made colors and I love baby blue. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So the lurkers are seriously all named Kristi? I've been here since my May 1, 2010 wedding, don't post because I'm usually only on at work for a few minutes at a time on my POS computer. But really cause you're all funnier than I.

Fave? I likey LaurenClaire. 

What were the other questions? I'm on my 3rd grande glass of sauvignon blanc. Oh, I'd kick off the flower princess. PeonyPrincess? I don't think she's a reg though.

I'd eat any color of M&M as long as it was dark chocolate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • COKristi....you are officially my long lost secret twin and I must know more about you. My name is Kristi and I was married May 1st 2009.

What is your husbands first name?
    How old are you?
    Do you have animals?

• COkristi, you look like you have a bunch of pretty matching-ish stalkers.  I like! 

• COKristi- your picture is pretty! Should I move to CO? If so, where?
  • Im usually a late poster too.  Except on the weekends because I have to go to work between 9 and 10pm. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I don't get the E vs SB stuff either, not that I've paid much attention to it.  Is it really too hard to board hop?  I'll just be Switzerland on the subject.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards