Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

suggestions for ceremony music?*any good songs to suggest?*

I've never seen myself as the traditional music type. I am finding it hard to find the 'right" music choices that go together.

Here is what I have been thinking

Bridal Party Entrance: This Is It By Micheal Jackson. We are doing a play on words for the wedding, so I have used This Is It on the website and the favor ribbons. I was thinking of using this song as the last dance song, but since I am having trouble with ceremony music, I am thinking this song.

Bridal Entrance???
I was thinking This Is It for this one, maybe.. I like Elton John's Your Song but it takes forever to get out of the intro and it might cut off at a bad place. Plus, it doesn't really flow with the other music.

After the wedding ceremony: Right Back Where We Started From by Maxine Nightingale. Sure, the song is about getting back together, but it always puts me in a happy mood. It's a disco song.

Other songs I have thought about:

A Dezi Arnaz cover of I Love Lucy Theme for the bridal party entrance.

Going down the aisle to Frank Sinatra's Love and The Marriage. The ladies on the Snarky board didn't like the idea.

This is an outside wedding and our wedding will be semi-formal. Any suggestions on good songs? As you can see, I am very open to different and know tha majority of my guests will accept the departure from tradition.

Re: suggestions for ceremony music?*any good songs to suggest?*

• edited December 2011
    I know it's your wedding & understand you want to be unique, however in my opinion, formal weddings usually follow more traditional music, at least for the ceremony, again just in my opinion.  I've played piano & organ for quite a few weddings and it's usually the less formal with unique/non-traditional music. 

Again, just my opinion & observations.  Also, I really love the 'I love lucy' theme song for the wedding party ceremony entrance.  How awesome!!!
    When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things must happen: There will be something solid for us to stand on, or we will be taught to fly. -Patrick Overton
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I really appreciate your advice.=)
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding will be fairly formal and traditional, except completely non-denominational and with bits of nerdiness scattered about. We definitely want unique processional and recessional music, so here are some ideas we are toying with: 

This Year's Love - David Gray
    Everlong (acoustic) - Foo Fighters
    Bittersweet Symphony (imstrumental) - The Verve
    Sea of Love - Cat Power
    Heaven (candlelight version) - DJ Sammy

These are just a few ideas we've come up with so far. Maybe they will give you some inspiration. 

April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh... P.S. 
    I am also trying to beg and plead and scrape and claw for an acoustic version of the Dr. Who theme song. That would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards