New Mexico
Options

Do You Need A Tent In May?

Hello!
Our wedding will be in my parents back yard in Rio Rancho in May. I know everyone says you need a tent, but to pay $1000 just in case of rain in New Mexico seems a little much. What do you guys think? Is anyone else getting married outdoors without a tent near Albuqueruqe?
Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do You Need A Tent In May?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hmmmm, I think that this being NM and all.... it could be sunny one second and pouring the next. I think I would err on the side of caution and spring for the tent. Especially in May, when the weekend before Memorial Day weekend might be 80 degrees and the next week it might be 69 and windy. What time of day is your wedding taking place?

Anniversary
  • Options
    scullisculli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd hate to say it, but to be safe it might be a good idea.  Like PP, NM weather is less then predictable.  Is there a way you can reserve one ahead of time, then maybe cancel it the week of if the weather looks clear?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say to err on the side of caution because the last thing you want to do is gamble with your wedding day!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a May wedding last year...I had a tent and I don't regret it one bit.  Two days before the wedding we had hail.  The day before was awful winds.  The day of the wedding it turned out to be 82 degrees without any rain or winds or hail, but people took shelter under the tent just from the sun.  Im so glad we rented.

If you rent your tent from America Tent rental - they allow you to change your order up to 48 hours - and theyre the cheapest and best in town
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards