Moms and Maids

Maidzilla, what do I do!?

So I asked one of my best friends to be one of my bridemaids. Her response was pissed!! She wanted and expected to be the maid of honor since she has known me longer then who I picked, and is throwing a complete tantum over it, I mean the whole works! What do I do now? Unask her and ruin our friendship or leave her in and maybe ruin our friendship as she attempts to ruin my wedding? HELP!!!

Re: Maidzilla, what do I do!?

• AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_maidzilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:7a8b0822-bf31-4f36-99b7-2f821c39c1c0Post:b7aa7d4c-8989-4b4f-8c6c-7df8333a2fcb">Maidzilla, what do I do!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I asked one of my best friends to be one of my bridemaids. Her response was pissed!! She wanted and expected to be the maid of honor since she has known me longer then who I picked, and is throwing a complete tantum over it, I mean the whole works! What do I do now? Unask her and ruin our friendship or leave her in and maybe ruin our friendship as she attempts to ruin my wedding? HELP!!!
    Posted by SarKriHei[/QUOTE]

<div>The best thing to do is give it a few days to a week to let everything cool off. If she didn't say "im not going to be a bridesmaid" then she accepts that she is a BM and kicking her out would be a very bad move (as you know a friendship-ending one). I'm little worried that she would throw a tantrum over a simple title but maybe she was having a bad day and her disappointment of not being MOH broke the camels back. Plus its very hard for someone to ruin a wedding so I really don't think you have to be worried about that. So just let the situation cool off for a bit and hopefully she will realize that she went a little overboard with her initial reaction. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    She sounds like a brat.
    panther
  • edited December 2011
    umm do not give in to her just because she throws a tantrum.  You can pick whoever you want for MOH and if she doesn't like, it then tough.  Don't let her guilt trip you or make you think she is the "worthy choice".  Leave her as BM and if she doesn't like it, then she can withdraw all together
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    also, who says she will ruin your wedding??  She will most likely get over this and it will not affect the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_maidzilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:7a8b0822-bf31-4f36-99b7-2f821c39c1c0Post:b7aa7d4c-8989-4b4f-8c6c-7df8333a2fcb">Maidzilla, what do I do!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I asked one of my best friends to be one of my bridemaids. Her response was pissed!! She wanted and expected to be the maid of honor since she has known me longer then who I picked, and is throwing a complete tantum over it, I mean the whole works! What do I do now? Unask her and ruin our friendship or leave her in and maybe ruin our friendship <strong>as she attempts to ruin my wedding</strong>? HELP!!!
    Posted by SarKriHei[/QUOTE]

How exactly does this "ruin" your wedding?  At the end of the ceremony, won't you still be married to the love of your life?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dude, one of the regs on the Wedding Party board had her sister as her MOH.  Said sister LIT HERSELF ON FIRE during the ceremony.  Didn't ruin the wedding.  I doubt your friend could do anything that would ruin yours.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd let her cool off.  I wouldn't unask her but I would say, "I do hope you'll be a BM and that you'll respect my decision.

• longman801longman801 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was planning my wedding, my friend gave me a site that was so

helpful. It had just about everything but the tux and dress in there.

Hopefully this will be helpful for someone on here

too.http://www.theweddingstyle.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-30.html
  • edited December 2011
    Tell her ass to kick rocks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards