African American Weddings

Bridal Countdown Checklists

Ladies,

I was reading an article from the knot I believe it was that talked about organizing in the months right before the actual day. For those of us who are doing somethings on our own, how are you remaining organized?

One tip was to box up certain elements of the DIY projects. Like for myself I am creating my centerpieces. The article said to finish them up and have them in box prepared to go and have the boxes labeled with what it is and where it goes (wedding or reception)

Liquor- same thing

and whatever else. Outside of your checklists are you ladies labeling and boxing it up?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Countdown Checklists

• wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This is a good idea, most of the stuff I have DIY'd is in a corner of the room in a bag.  A box would make it feel more official and I probably won't be running around trying to find stuff when I'm ready to ship to Vegas
  • edited December 2011
    Exactly what I was thinking. All the completed projects in a box labeled and ready to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Some of mine are, some of them aren't... I need to do better with that. We are storing things in my old bedroom at my parents house so going back and forth with finished stuff is tedious but it must be done since I am moving out of here before the wedding. Good suggestion though! I will try to improve this weekend!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've purchased a few of the clear storage bins form target and walmart. I usually wait until they are on sale for like $4 or $5 the buy them. I like the clear ones because you can also see what's in them. I have 3 medium sized ones so far, I'm going to need maybe two more.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Right now, I have all of the reception stuff in one corner and the ceremony stuff in another.  I will take inventory and have a detailed plan on where everything goes.

This way on the day of... everyone will see my vision.  Also. I would hate to leave something at the house that we wanted to use.  Good thing everything is happening at the same venue.
    imageAnniversary
  • halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-countdown-checklists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:06664e4f-030e-4abd-8ed4-a580206757e0Post:206b2f77-bf5a-484d-8ba2-9110f1628c59">Re: Bridal Countdown Checklists</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've purchased a few of the clear storage bins form target and walmart. I usually wait until they are on sale for like $4 or $5 the buy them. I like the clear ones because you can also see what's in them. I have 3 medium sized ones so far, I'm going to need maybe two more.
    Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing.  I have 2 medium and 1 large. I may need another large. I agree, clear is better because you can see the contents.
  • edited December 2011
    Right now, I have bridal stuff at my cousin (MOH) house. All of the other wedding stuff are at my house in a corner. I've got total chaos going on...lol.

As my date gets closer, I will get my mom & girls to help sort everything according to ceremony & reception. Putting things in boxes w/ labels is a good idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards