October 2012 Weddings

Candy Buffet....

Just got home from purchasing a majority of our candy for the 'love is sweet' candy buffet.  We ended up getting a lot of ours at Sams Club today, like a big bag of tootsie rolls 1000 pieces for $8, a 4.5 lb bag of Boston Baked Beans for $7, a 4.5 lb bag of Hot Tamales for $7  and two 300-piece tubs of buttermints wrapped in red and white for $10.  Some of these candies we will probably have to get another bag.
Found our M&M's in our colors, red and black, sold by the pound at the grocery store, they were a little pricey, about $10 per pound, but still cheaper than ordering them online.  Also bought strawberry and black licorice, and will be purchasing more Bakers Milk Chocolate Meltaways and Mint Chocolate Meltaways next weekend, which run about $8 per pound. 

What candies are you ladies having on your buffet?
62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n

Re: Candy Buffet....

• Hershey kisses in dark purple foil, twizzlers, choc covered cranberries and raisins, choc covered pretzels, Carmel's, orange shimmer pearls, Reese's cups, snickers and purple rock candy. I can not wait to see how it turns out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Our candy buffet is black/red/white also. We went to Sam's and got the Star Mints and Fireballs. I also got cherry jellies, red/black licorice, red/white/black sixlets, black gumballs, cherry sour balls, red and black rock candy, black and white swirl suckers, black penguin gummies (penguins are my favorite animal, plus the color fits (: and they're peach flavored), chocolate covered raisons, and 3 other kinds that I can't think of right now.

I'm really loving the look of it though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_candy-buffet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:b80fa607-2dab-4004-b6a8-2cac41de1f6ePost:1dc33dd1-708f-4325-9dcd-b7bb8651745e">Re: Candy Buffet....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our candy buffet is black/red/white also. We went to Sam's and got the Star Mints and Fireballs. I also got cherry jellies, red/black licorice, red/white/black sixlets, black gumballs, cherry sour balls, red and black rock candy, black and white swirl suckers, black penguin gummies (penguins are my favorite animal, plus the color fits (: and they're peach flavored), chocolate covered raisons, and 3 other kinds that I can't think of right now. I'm really loving the look of it though!
    Posted by Kristin4911[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the penguin gummies?  My FI is obsessed with Penguins, lol, that would be an awesome candy to have!  :)
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • We are having reeces pieces, reeces pb cups (mini) Mini tootsie rolls, rolos, york peppermint patties, laffy taffy,  hershey kisses and maybe some mini cupcakes and some chocolate covered pretzels...I can't wait to see what it turns out like!!!
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • Our colors are red and gold. We have mini Reese's cups, Twizzlers, caramels, butterscotch hard candy, strawberries hard candy, gummy cherry slices and Twix. The Twizzlers and Twix are the individual kind from the Halloween aisle.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I loved that they were making many of the halloween candies in fall colors. M&M's, Reese, Kisses (chocolate and pumpkin) and candy corn. The wrappers and shells are red, brown, orange, and yellow.  I wanted to do a color but it was more expensive to ship it than buy it at the store. I'm sure our guest won't mind. They are following our fall theme LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having a Halloween wedding, so our table is a Trick or Treat table. We're having fall colored M&M's (found them at Target for $2.99 a bag), gummy body parts, flavored honey stickcs, candy corn, cottom candy, and maybe more. Its going along side our dessert table which will have cupcakes, caramel apple cookies, s'more pops, and pumpkin and cranberry bread slices :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards