Missouri-St Louis

Chicago Bride Needs Help!

hi there! this is the first time i've posted on this board. I'm a Chicago bride, but am originally from So. Ill. I'm going to go dress shopping with my mom in the st. louis area and need recommendations about good bridal shops...

can you guys help me out and recommend some places?? thanks!

Re: Chicago Bride Needs Help!

• edited December 2011
    pretty please??
  • edited December 2011
    This board tends to be somewhat slow, but here's what I can tell you.

I ended up getting my dress online - I've gained weight in the past year and did not want to get frustrated by not fitting into sample sizes at local boutiques.

My sister did her wedding shopping here in St. Louis.  She visited Ultimate Bride and Maiden Voyage, and ended up getting her dress from Maiden Voyage.  She also chose bridesmaid dresses from them to get a discount.  She had a good experience at both of those locations. 

I hear good things about Simply Elegant and Clarice's.  My sister wasn't thrilled with Demetrios, but I have heard other people say positive things about them.

I would say that Google could be your friend - a search for "wedding dresses st. louis" brings up those businesses and more, with reviews.  I think there's a St. Louis bridal website, but I haven't looked into that - mostly found vendors based on word-of-mouth.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    There are a ton of dress shops in the area & most ppl say to stay away from Ultimate Bride.  I did not go there, but have read several bad reviews.  I ordered my dress from The Bridal Shoppe in Festus... just outside of STL, but they had a great selection & were priced the same as other shops I visited.  If you register/visit stlweddotcom you can see a much more active board with suggestions/reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    thank you!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Karen's in Ballwin, and was very pleased with the service.
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards