Jewish Weddings
Options

Rice Krispy Cake!?

FI and I REALLY wanted to do something different: a rice krispy cake!  Now we're having an impossible time finding a kosher kitchen to make one for us!  Our caterer said they will do it at an astronomical cost.  So now I'm turning to you for advice on kosher bakers in the Ohio area that you think might be able to do it for us?

Re: Rice Krispy Cake!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any but that is such a cute idea!! Maybe try calling around to temples and see who they recommend?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The marshmallows are going to jump the price up. Most are not kosher so the kosher ones makes the cost jump up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Update:  We aren't going to do it for the reception, since it has to be kosher and apparently kosher marshmallows (a) don't taste great and (b) don't melt well to make rice krispie treats. 

Instead we're going to make one for the rehearsal dinner, where it does not need to be kosher.

Thanks anyway!

• Options
    signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good call doing it for the RD.  kosher marshmallows can be hard to come by depending where you live and are more expensive than regular marshmallows. cute idea, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our caterer figured out how to do it, but Rice Krispie brand cereal isn't UD!  So glad we decided to make it our RD "cake" and we're doing no cake at the reception, just a chocolate dessert table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards