Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Popularity of certain stores

Has anyone noticed that their registries are used lopsidedly (is that a word)?  Anyway, I'm shocked.  Our Macy's registry is flying out the window, our C&B registry is holding it's own but apparently our guests hate BBB because there was only one gift purchased there (we had a few people call and ask us to remove certain items because they bought gifts elsewhere although they were registered at BBB).  I'm really surprised.  I thought that no one would shop at C&B and thought that BBB had better pricing than Macy's so it would be more popular.  Has anyone else noticed this?  

Re: Popularity of certain stores

• Options
    Ours has actually been pretty even thus far.  I'm pretty surprised.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    YES!!!!  I agree!  Barely anyone touched my Bed, Bath, & Beyond registry, but my more expensive Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma are just about complete!  I don't get it... the mixer at WS is like $100 more expensive than at BBB, and at BBB you can use a 20% off!  Crazy...
  • Options
    Our BBB registry was by far the most popular of the three.  My friends are BBB fiends.  Personally, I don't do much shopping at CB so I probably wouldn't buy a gift there if I was shopping.

It all depends on personal preference.
  • Options
    I think it depends on your circles and also where you live.  We have a BB&B right down the street from our neighborhood so most often our friends will shop there and they also have the 20%coupons so I always try to shop there first. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So far Target has been the major front runner and then only a few things have been purchased from C&B and BBB. We honestly thought BBB would blow the other two out of the water because people would use the 20% off coupons, but I'm figuring maybe Target is the most popular so far because people go there all the time anyway for every day stuff so maybe it's just easier to shop off of that registry instead. OP: maybe Macys is the front runner for you because your guests are already at the mall and it's easier for them to just shop there. Macys also has great coupons especially for their credit card holders, that could also be a factor.
  • Options
    I always pick which store is my favorite. Personally I hate BBB because I can never find anything in that store so I always skip it if it's on a registry. I have a feeling that people will purchase from our registries based on where they live.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Summer, what's more interesting is that Macy's and BBB are in the same shopping plaza and C&B is far out of the way for most of my family (although all my friends and FI's family live near a C&B).....I have a shower coming up with just my family so I was shocked that anything was bought at C&B.  I just thought it was really strange.
  • Options
    Our Macy's has NOTHING purchased from it.  BBB and Target are dwindling down quickly.  I am a tinge bummed because a lot of my favorites are at Macy's....of course, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know I tend to purchase off registries at C&B if available.  I think of their stuff as being "high end" but they aren't too pricey.  Maybe lots of people think like I do?

Although I do like BBB for the coupons and that's where are largest registry is... we'll see!
  • Options
    When my sister got married her BBB registery stuff was NEVER taken off after people bought it, like she got 3 of one thing and they told us wehere they got it. Also some people, atleast that i know, will look at registeries like BBB and still get the same thing at Target for cheaper like Calphalon, though they have the 20% off or certain mixers or other things that they sell that is exactly the same to save them money.

They also have a department store that will sell 2 pans for 1 Calphalon and people will buy those instead of going to BBB.

Personally, BBB is SO messy and cramped I hate it
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My mom recently purchased a gift for a distant cousin's wedding at BBB and did NOT like the fact that they didn't have the item actually in the store and it had to be sent.   For an additional $15 or $20.   Buying an item off of my friends registry last summer at BBB and running into the same issue is one reason I decided not to register there. Also, I've heard their return policy isn't as liberal as it once was.

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    So far we have had most of our items purchased from macys, a couple at bbb and nothing at c&b. I am shocked too! I thought bbb stuff would get bought up quick, but macys is killing it! I am so happy though because this is where all of our dishes, barware, and flatware are...so no complaints!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards