Chit Chat

Question for the regs and regular lurkers

Did one of the contests someone was recently soliciting votes for have something to do with cute or embarrassing proposal stories?   I just got an email to my mod account from some angry dude, and I'm trying to figure out what the hell his rant has to do with me or The Knot.

Re: Question for the regs and regular lurkers

• There was an embarrassing proposals thread, but I don't think it was soliciting votes for a contest. The last vote solicitation thing I remember was from some chick and I can't remember what the subject was. But I think it was on (P&)E because Dani said something to her about rules. Sorry I'm not much help.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • That's ok, I scrolled down and there was one earlier, and I think it's the same contest.  This guy emailed me demanding an "explanation" for why the winner was changed.  He said he just stumbled across the article, but it must be a contestant, because no where in the article did it say who won.  It was quite comical.  I guess he got my email off this board in my sticky post, but I wonder why he thought I would have anything to do with who the winner was.
  • Yeah I think that was just misguided on his part. I always seriously wonder about dudes who read the forums on the knot.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_question-regs-regular-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2c90e5a3-d06e-4312-a912-ed4f9dbf3e2bPost:14e210bd-49ba-43ac-a933-6377aae68c64">Re: Question for the regs and regular lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I think that was just misguided on his part. I always seriously wonder about dudes who read the forums on the knot.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I would die of shock if I ever saw TK on my FI's computer screen!
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • I remember there was an article that I got in my email not too long ago from the main site about the "worst" (most problematic) proposls of the year.  Maybe that's what it was about?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_question-regs-regular-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2c90e5a3-d06e-4312-a912-ed4f9dbf3e2bPost:6227b02f-79f4-43a9-9175-038528a4c476">Re: Question for the regs and regular lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question for the regs and regular lurkers : I would die of shock if I ever saw TK on my FI's computer screen!
    Posted by stinkerbell6879[/QUOTE]

HA.. FI reads it over my shoulder.. is doing so now in fact
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_question-regs-regular-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2c90e5a3-d06e-4312-a912-ed4f9dbf3e2bPost:3c8ecd37-6aaa-40de-b55f-96f6f98f49cc">Re: Question for the regs and regular lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question for the regs and regular lurkers : HA.. FI reads it over my shoulder.. is doing so now in fact
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    Haha! I know in passing he will glance or ask, but to actually pull it up on his own computer screen?? But I will admit he has been stuck watching too many wedding shows with me and will call "re-run" before I am even a few min's in!
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards