Maine

Any ideas on Inexpensive wedding venues in Maine?

Hi.  We are looking for a small private wedding venue and reception (reception does not have to be at the same place, but that would be ideal).  About 35 friends and family.  Everyone is local to southern/mid Maine, so just looking for an afternoon weekend venue, Water view would be nice, catered or not.  June/July dates, Saturday preferable.  Any ideas?

Re: Any ideas on Inexpensive wedding venues in Maine?

• Check out Joseph's By the Sea in Old Orchard Beach.  The do Saturday afternoon weddings with a beautiful water view, and the food is delicious.  They have a 40 person minimum, but they might be flexible with you 35 person list.  I am not sure about their availability, but we are getting married there in September, and they have been wonderful to work with so far!

Their website does not do the place justice, but I highly recommend checking it out in person.
  • The Causeway Club red barn in Southwest Harbor.  water view, quaint town, great location in Acadia NP.
  • Joseph's By The Sea is reasonably priced and would probably work with you on 35 people. Grace Restaraunt in Portland is another place ideal for a smaller wedding, and gorgeous with amazing food!!  Or also the rooms above Portland Yacht in Portland; great veiws and perfect size for an intimate wedding. Good luck! 
  • I'm hosting my wedding at the Elms Bed and Breakfast in Westbrook. If you book the entire B&B, they won't charge you the $500/day. It's a beautiful venue. I suggest looking into it. The owners have been more than accomodating with everything we need or want.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards