New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

The only thing I've really done is found some information for honeymoon, and am booking an appointment with a travel agent to see if it's feasible for us to even afford right after the wedding (FI wants to do it right away, but I want to wait a few months...).

How about you guys??
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• Picked out bridesmaid dresses. We're going with this design in deep purple:

Started researching invitations. I came across beautiful designs and talented graphic artists on Etsy. My plan is to purchase a design suite that I like for invitations, programs, etc. and then have them printed elsewhere. I discovered Catprint which looks like a high-quality, reasonably priced online print house.
  • FI agreed to do the first look photos!  I typed up a preliminary time line for our wedding day.  I'm super organized, so it's pretty exciting to see everything written out by the hour.  I have 3 major things to get done in January :  BM dresses, GM suits, and invitations.  Hopefully I'll be able to update with these checks soon!
    Photobucket Anniversary

• I actually got all our invites, envelopes, and response cards printed. We bought a DIY kit from Michaels, and I love how they turned out.  

This weekend, FI is going with his BM, and a groomsman to pick out tuxes. I'm really excited about this, not sure why!

Finally picked out a favor. Yankee Candle votives in all different scents (FI and I just came to the realization we are OBSESSED with Yankee Candles, but come on, who isnt?!)

Lastly, BM dresses were ordered last thursday! 

Things are moving along so well, I am so happy!
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • I started addressing our STD's a couple days ago. I also picked out plates, napkins, and some decor for my shower. Other than that, haven't done too much! I'll get more planning done once the holidays are finished!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • P.S. ChelseaB...those dresses are GORGEOUS! love them! 
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Thanks, mek! We had picked out a different design but decided to go shopping once more. I loved that one the second my Maid of Honor put it on.
  • Chelsea are those dresses chiffon?  Whats the designer? If you don't mid sharing...

I want long, flowy chiffon, I had been thinking strapless but a few girls are saying they might prefer straps, which I'm finding much harder to come by.
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey Meagan - The dress is chiffon. It's part of Jordan Fashions new spring line. It's available in a ton of colors. I'm going with deep purple and have 3 or 4 shades to pick from.

http://www.jordanfashions.com/ShowDressDetail.aspx?collectionid=4&dressid=1447&photoid=28294

• edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I was looking at another one from Jordan but I missed that beauty! very good choice!! I like their colors we're doing a merlot purple/burgandy color and they have nice options for that too!
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My only update for the week is that my dress came in and I went to try it on! I was getting anxious because I still glance at dresses from time to time and was starting to second guess my choice because it had been so long. But the second I put it on I was so relieved... so in love with it! phew Laughing
  • I only have one update-My bridesmaids gifts came in!
    http://img3.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.237007355.jpg
    I got them each a locket with their initial on it. I'm going to put a picture of the two of us in it. The plan right now is to keep it a surprise and have my florist wrap it around their bouquet. I hope they like them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards