New York-New York City

Venue Help!!! Please

Hi all.

So I'm getting married next year and am looking for a venue. I found this great catering service that also works with a number of sites in Westchester.  I love the service I have been getting and really like one site in particular.  

This weekend we saw one of the two sites that my FI and I discussed could be a possibility.(FI liked this place, I was impartial.)  His parents came along.  They are now trying to convince me to look in Staten Island for the wedding or to go on a cruise.  This is not what I want.  I feel like they are stepping over some boundaries.  I don't know what to do but it's stressing me out and I am getting irritated.   

I'm not from the city nor is any of my family.  I wanted the peace and tranquility that I feel the Westchester area could give me!  I think their concern is that no one will come to the wedding on their side, 
which is not really cool. (I'll leave that for another post.)  They are helping to pay, so should I just give in?!  Help
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Help!!! Please

• edited December 2011

You mentioned that your FIL's wanted you to look at venues on Staten Island. In all honesty, if you are only a year out and planning a large wedding you might not even find anything available on Staten Island. I'm getting married on Staten Island September 2011 and my fiance and I had to book our second choice because the first one was already booked.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about Staten Island because chances are you won't find something that works.

September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards