Nevada-Las Vegas

I found THE dress!! (Storytime!)

So I went dress shopping with my Mom & older sister this weekend. I kept flip-flopping from super excited to absolutely dreading it! I had 2 stores to check out. First store was super laid-back. No appointment needed, wander around, pick what you want, then they'll help if you need/want it. Well this was hell. After about 4 dresses that I imagined was the style I would look gorgeous in & I felt like a gigantic beast & was almost crying. I am such a chill person that this was very surprising to not only myself, but my Mom & sister too! I had been looking for flowy, bridesmaid style dresses. The saleslady stuff me into a "real" bridal gown & wow I was in love with how I looked. Tried on a few more & found one that was pretty amazing. I was smiling & twirling & I looked lovely.. but it didn't quite feel right....

So we went off to lunch & off to David's Bridal where I had made an appointment. I was nervous about everything when we got there because I wasn't allowed to wander around the racks myself & my saleslady seemed quiet & uninterested. I showed her a few things I was open to & she started bringing me dress after dress that I never would have thought to try on. I got to bond with my sister by getting her to help me in the fitting room, which was great on it's own. Then came THE dress.... I always thought the people on tv who cried & went on & on were a bunch of crazies looking to get on tv (sorry to anyone here who was one of those! lol) but I walked out & BAM waterworks! Then goes Mom, then goes sister! So we're crying like a bunch of saps & the saleslady says "Oh I'm sorry I checked for your size, but this dress is discontinued & it's the last one in Canada".... I was like WTF!!!!

I said okay whatever I'm tired. Let's go shop some more for non-wedding things, get some food & regroup. We went to Winners (Marshalls-type store for those non-Canadians) but I was too distracted. I was all teary wandering around the store wondering what the heck was wrong with me because it was just a dress & I needed to get over it. My sister was outside on the phone with her husband & I assumed she was doing the "I miss you, no I miss you more" thing so I was kinda annoyed... well turns out that wonderful sister of mine & her equally wonderful husband were scouting the David's Bridal website to see if they could find it online for me!

AND THEY DID!!!! I have to pay currency exchange, shipping & duty but my dress is on it's way to me already!!!! I am SO excited!!!!

The dress is a taffeta gown with a chapel length train. I always said NO pouf, NO train, but when I put this thing on WOW I felt amazing! Then I realized it has pockets!! Even better!! And the best part of the entire thing is that the big poufy skirt detaches to reveal a sexy sheath dress to wear while we party the night away!!!!

Sorry for the super-long story, but I just got home from my whirwind weekend & am just so darn excited!!! Eeeeeeeeeee!!! Here are some pics of the model since the dress wasn't my size & I sorta looked like an amazon in it!

Re: I found THE dress!! (Storytime!)

• Oooohhhh, that dress is gorgeous!!!

I'm so glad they found it online. I was super pissed when I read that the saleslady put you in it and let you fall in love with it, knowing full well they didn't have your size and couldn't order it (in Canada). Seriously?!? She could have at least told you, "Well, we don't have any left in Canada, but you can order it from the U.S. website." :-P Idiot.

Pockets are double plus awesome. If my dress doesn't have pockets, I'm seriously considering ripping the side seams open to add them.
  • That dress is awesome!!  Glad your story has a happy ending lol :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Aww so sweet! Congrats!
  • Yay!!! Great news and a gorgeous dress!!! It was meant to be :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I LOVE happy endings! It's beautiful--Congratulations!
    {Formally Hiltonsgirl}
  • That's awesome that you could find it online and that you're basically getting two diresses in one. :D
  • hey, we cried over the same dress!   lol  perfect for vegas
  • Thanks everyone! I didn't believe it would be that exciting to find the dress!!

& ALLBAP you've got great taste!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_i-found-the-dress-storytime?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c114cba0-e1d9-4c76-8dee-d30e5acdf170Post:ba99a19f-c8a2-495a-8a75-b10306ef8831">Re: I found THE dress!! (Storytime!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone! I didn't believe it would be that exciting to find the dress!! & ALLBAP you've got great taste!
    Posted by GracieLouD[/QUOTE]

and so do you, congrats on a great find
  • Congrats on being able to have the dress that you fell in love with.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards