Military Brides

Monday Monday

What's going on? On Facebook no one seems to be having a good Monday. Including myself. I mean, its not bad, but I don't feel good.

H and I had an ok weekend. We only really got to spend Saturday and a little bit of Sunday together. He had to work Friday night, which sucked, and didn't get home until after 2 am. He's been on nights since May and its starting to get annoying, especially since now he might be leaving for deployment earlier than expected and might not get leave block for it. Oh well. Not a big deal, just annoying.

We have no plans for the weekend except to help some friends move on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to the 21st since we will be heading to Atlanta for the Midtown Music Festival. SO SO EXCITED for that.

So tell me your good and bad news!

Re: Monday Monday

• 'Ello.

Meh, I had a hard time getting ready for today. We're having a meeting with corp. today that I don't want to be involved in. Long story short, my department wants to pick a fight with the owners/family members on how they run the company, and I want to keep my job LOL! Like, really? THEY'RE A FAMILY RUN BUSINESS! No one is going to listen to your bitchin! It's not even anything bad, really, just a lot of favoritism and micro managing issues. Stuff that I've always dealt with @ other companies. I'm just fine with how things are, personally. And I will make sure to say just that in the meeting, which is going to piss everyone off! LOL! I don't care, they know where I stand. You just can't beat the benefits/freedom I have here.

Well, that's my Monday. I leave for Vegas on Satuday! WOOOOO!!!! I need to start packing now!
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    Good Morning,

I totally don't want to be at work today. I am dragging... I have several emails I need to respond to but I just keep getting distracted.

I went to visit my inlaws this weekend. I love visiting them, because it is always enjoyable. I was able to help her set up my MILs classroom and set up her computer so she can display on the board and still be able to use her laptop. It was simple for me, but it will help her have a more efficant classroom.  Then H was able to call while we were all together. It was wonderful.  the inlaws had a little bit if trouble with the few second delay and they kept talking over each other. It was funny, even though his dad was a little annoyed. ALSO, o nthe good side, i think we may have found where we are going to live when he gets back. It was a place we had looked at when he wasn't supposed to deploy so soon...we both loved it and it is within our budget. Once we already looked at it, I don't feel so weird just callingand putting down a deposit when the time gets closer.

The bad part is I realized that this was the first time I had been back to H's hometown since the wedding.it was a little weird to see things just as we left it... i think the worst part ws running into people he knew...and the pity. Goodness, I hate pity.
    Photobucket
  • Good morning! :) Sitting in class right now, was almost late cause I was trying tO finish 50 shade of grey. Today seems to be a good day :) 
  • Hope everyone's days get better. I'm just really meh today. Not in a good mood but not super pissed either. The day's still young haha.
  • Today's meeting went awful. We may not even have an Adoptions department after this. :/ UGHHHH.
  • Cab I'm sorry! Did you at least vocalize that you agree with Corp with them in the room? That way they know you are ontheir side if they decide to let people go?

My day didn't get much better, allergies have been eating my aive. I have had a headache most of the day along with a constant "I am going to sneeze" face.. and my eyes are so watery it looks like I am crazy.

I love fall weather... it just doesn't love me!!

Photobucket
  • Cab- ugh that sucks! what happened?? 

Well, my headache is still here. My one and only client of the day came in extremely angry and basically cursed me out. That was good times. Oh well. Session ended well at least. 

Amanda-are you going to be moving to Jacksonville?
  • Hey guys!

We had an alright weekend. We had birth class, which was interesting.

I also set up an account on teachers pay teachers this weekend and sold 3 things so far. I've made $5 Ha. :-) 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • What's a birth class like? I'm intrigued. Look at that honey dew! 

And what's teachers pay teachers? And hey $5 is $5 more than you had! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_monday-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:dda2eae7-cdec-4a91-9b39-e0e604f02c0aPost:41a07d62-4464-4626-9942-50965be7ca3e">Re: Monday Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cab- ugh that sucks! what happened??    Well, my headache is still here. My one and only client of the day came in extremely angry and basically cursed me out. That was good times. Oh well. Session ended well at least.  <strong>Amanda-are you going to be moving to Jacksonville?</strong>
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep, not until next year though. </div>
    Photobucket
  • Birth class told us the signs of labor, showed us some unmedicated birth videos (no thank you), had a lactation consultant talk to us about breast feeding, toured the hospital, and then gave us some tips on how to take care of a newborn. 

I knew a lot of the stuff from my research but I liked the tour and the breast feeding lady. While we were on the tour one of the soon to be dads told us the TV hooks up to video games. Um really? You plan on bringing a gave console when your wife is giving birth!!

Teachers pay teachers is a website where I can upload all teaching documents I've created and sell them. They only go for $1-$3 each for the type I have but it's still nice to get some credit for shhhhit I already have made. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys. Amanda, heck yeah I did. I keep telling them that I'm down with change, and have no issues with my job what do ever. I know how to pick my battles, and this just isn't one of them. Geegs, long story short, my boss really pissed off the owners son in law, who has more pull than anyone in the company, and the bro in law decided that foster care can take on what adoptions my dept does. He wants to integrate the 2 depts, and clearly that means we don't need 2 directors. He assed himself out of a job for having a big mouth, and is now taking a lot of people down with him. In talking to the other supervisor, though, she said I will be safe AND in a full time position. I feel better, but we'll see. Tomorrow is going to be another doozy of a day
  • Yeah. I don't like the idea of no medication haha. And really video games?? WTF. I'd probably kill H. 

And that website is a cool idea. Smart for teachers to share like that :0

How have you been feeling?? Ready to be done being pregnant? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_monday-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:dda2eae7-cdec-4a91-9b39-e0e604f02c0aPost:c910078b-a72b-4b83-85ae-bf28f6e9840e">Re: Monday Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Birth class told us the signs of labor, showed us some unmedicated birth videos (no thank you), had a lactation consultant talk to us about breast feeding, toured the hospital, and then gave us some tips on how to take care of a newborn.  I knew a lot of the stuff from my research but I liked the tour and the breast feeding lady. While we were on the tour one of the soon to be dads told us the TV hooks up to video games. Um really? <strong>You plan on bringing a gave console when your wife is giving birth!!</strong> Teachers pay teachers is a website where I can upload all teaching documents I've created and sell them. They only go for $1-$3 each for the type I have but it's still nice to get some credit for shhhhit I already have made. 
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

I was in the hospital for 17 hours before I gave birth. :/  I was pretty comfortable (thank you epidural!), but bored out of my mind and my poor husband was probably even more bored, so I think it would have been a great idea if he wanted to bring his game system.  And oh BTW, if they don't tell you, breast feeding was probably the most difficult thing I've ever done (more difficult than labor and the 2 marathons I've run LOL).  Some women are naturals, but if you're not one of the lucky ones, don't let the LCs make you feel like a bad mom because you're having a hard time.  Hope you're doing great!  You're almost there!! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_monday-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:dda2eae7-cdec-4a91-9b39-e0e604f02c0aPost:806729ea-77b2-4a07-bde5-7d8eb50decec">Re: Monday Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Monday :<strong> I was in the hospital for 17 hours before I gave birth. :/  I was pretty comfortable (thank you epidural!), but bored out of my mind and my poor husband was probably even more bored, </strong>so I think it would have been a great idea if he wanted to bring his game system.  And oh BTW, if they don't tell you, breast feeding was probably the most difficult thing I've ever done (more difficult than labor and the 2 marathons I've run LOL).  Some women are naturals, but if you're not one of the lucky ones, don't let the LCs make you feel like a bad mom because you're having a hard time.  Hope you're doing great!  You're almost there!! :)<div>Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>While I get that, I dunno if I can comprehend him asking to bring it as we're going. I feel like that would be a bad time to ask about a game system haha ;)   And then once you're there, i can't imagine sending him home for it either haha. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_monday-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:dda2eae7-cdec-4a91-9b39-e0e604f02c0aPost:a8ce8168-ba54-472d-abba-982605498512">Re: Monday Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Monday : While I get that, I dunno if I can comprehend him asking to bring it as we're going. I feel like that would be a bad time to ask about a game system haha ;)   And then once you're there, i can't imagine sending him home for it either haha. 
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

LOL That's why you discuss it while making your "birth plan."  You iron all that stuff out and plan the things you're going to pack.  At 3:30am, before we went to the hospital, my contractions were 4 min apart and I was in the bathroom flat-ironing my hair. HAHA  My husband was picturing "go time" to be all panicy, drop everything and run to the hospital.  It rarely happens that way. LOL
  • CAB I'm sorry to hear about your work issues. I hope they can manage to find a place for you even if they get rid of the department. Hike, I can't believe you're almost ready to have your baby. It doesn't feel like you announced it that long ago. Time sure flies. I'm pretty much dying of excitement today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to Re:Monday Monday:[QUOTE]CAB I'm sorry to hear about your work issues. I hope they can manage to find a place for you even if they get rid of the department.

Hike, I can't believe you're almost ready to have your baby. It doesn't feel like you announced it that long ago. Time sure flies.

I'm pretty much dying of excitement today! Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Also, I am very excited for you today, too!
  • My birth plan is to get the baby out. True story.

Also, I get that it'll be boring and what not but there is a TV and we will take our computer (for family updates since we live so far away). I don't think H needs to pack up the whole gaming console. Plus, if I need support during the bad contractions, should he push pause or keep playing? 

:-)

and geeg- I'm ready. I had a great pregnancy. I really did. Plus I was alone for most of it so I did most everything on my own and I was a-okay but at this point, things are getting harder and harder for me. I'm just ready for him to come. You should hear my grunts when I need to bend down to pick something up. Sexy.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Boy oh boy, I took one of those nonmed birthing classes as part of a sociology class...it was interesting...honestly, call me crazy, but I'd rather birth sans meds. My mother did it 3 times already so I'm willing to give it a shot too. :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_monday-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:dda2eae7-cdec-4a91-9b39-e0e604f02c0aPost:b23f0cd8-50c6-4b1c-83ef-e8a0c4d21eba">Re: Monday Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boy oh boy, I took one of those nonmed birthing classes as part of a sociology class...it was interesting...honestly, call me crazy, but I'd rather birth sans meds. My mother did it 3 times already so I'm willing to give it a shot too. :) 
    Posted by Zeldakins[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, no thanks!</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha, I say this...but I've not been in the situation just yet! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards