Florida-Central Florida

Re: Winter Park Farmers Market Brides

• chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just did this whole shabang on October 28th. we did the ceremony on the patio and then had it transform into cocktail hour. All you need is someone to get your guests off the patio long enough for the chairs to be removed. they can just follow you down to the brick area and do a receiving line or if you want to dash off for pictures they can entertain themselves for the 5 minutes it takes to clear the chairs. 

I had the site contact putting chairs up and two guy friends pre assigned to the task (i did not have a DOC). The caterer was ready for the transition and brought out the cocktail tables and the bar from inside. If i had less chairs set up there would have been room for those tables and bar on the back of the porch.  You can see the pics here!

• amynicole612amynicole612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the WPFM in June. We decided to have our ceremony at another nearby location, Mead Garden, because we wanted to have the cocktail hour on the patio and didn't want to worry about moving chairs, etc. We are renting the cocktail tables from our caterer. Good luck on your wedding planning!
  • chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into mead gardens for my wedding but since it was fall Mead gardens wouldn't do the ceremony in the evening, but by eliminating that we saved a couple hundred bucks. Puff n stuff provided the cocktail tables. Just think to yourself, do you have 300 dollars to have another location, or do you want to save 300 bucks and move some chairs for 5 minutes. Also, the cheapest DOC i could find would be 500 dollars. That seems like a pretty hefty pay check for just putting us in line and then moving some chairs, i'm clearly in the worng business. 
  • edited December 2011
    After doing a lot of thought, we decided to have our ceremony over at the Mennello Art Museum- I love the sculpture garden and the view on the lake.  I feel on that day it will create a lot less stress if I'm not worrying about moving chairs around or having a train go by during the ceremony.  It will also give us time to do photos while the guests transport themselves from one location to the other.  

It really depends on what you feel is to be important for that day. 

Now it is time to start figuring out tables, decorations, seating, etc.! I am so horrible at this stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards