Second Weddings

Second marriage for bride first for groom - Dress question

Hello All,

Hope you can help with my question. It's my second wedding, his first. We've decided to get married on the beach and reception on a rivetboat. We're having a bridal party.....trying to keep it small, not easy, he comes from a large family.

Let's fast forward to my question. I want to do a pink and black wedding. I want to wear pink and the girls black....in the same style bridesmaid dress. Is that a dumb idea? Should I post a pic of the dress so you get a better idea of my vision? Any ideas on how to dress my groom and the groomsman?
Alison - Too stupid to upload a pic

Re: Second marriage for bride first for groom - Dress question

• edited December 2011
    I would love to see pics of the dress.  I don't think your idea sounds dumb at all.  I think it could be quite amazing as long as it isn't overdone.  As far as your guys go, you could do black suits if you wanted, but being on a beach I would lean more towards just black slacks and a white dress shirt.  It sounds like it will be an amazing wedding!
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How does your fiance feel about you wearing a BM dress as your wedding dress?

I'm in the same situation as you -- my second, his first.  He would die if he didn't get to see me in a wedding dress.  Might be something to think about.

I think black and pink sounds awesome.  You could always do a pink sash or something.
    DSC_9275
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how to post pics yet, but if you really want to get an idea, the dress is a David's Bridal dress. Item f12495. I'm thinking maybe I will wear a bolero jacket to look a little different. I talked to my FI about his thoughts on me wearing a wedding dress and he said I could wear a potato sack if I wanted to, I'd look beautiful wearing anything. I'm thinking black pants and black shirts for the guys. FI is a messy eater and will be stained within minutes of eating. His words, not mine. Lol. Maybe FI in a pink tie and groomsman in black ties? Oh my god, I just had a thought...,I'll have to figure out shoes!
  • edited December 2011
    Same boat here...my second, his first...
    My fiance is adamant about me wearing a wedding dress.  I don't feel comfortable wearing white or anything close to it, but I found the perfect PINK dress here on KNOT through Impression Bridal.  Check it out.  You might just find something you like!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Tristaur, Where did you find a pink wedding dress on here?  Can I see a pic?  
  • edited December 2011
    I think pink and black would be lovely.  Maybe you could add a sash or something to your dress to make it a little more distinct from the bridesmaids.  I'd go to David's and try on anything and everything.  I didn't want a wedding dress, either, and had planned on a buying a BM dress, but I somehow ended up with TWO bridal gowns, lol.  You never know what will catch your eye!

As a BM, I'd be thrilled to wear a black dress!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we got married DH's criteria was me in a gown and him in a tux.  Our colors were navy and white, I let my ladies pick their own dresses in our shade of navy.

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on a beach, it was his first, my second. I didn't wear a wedding dress, per se, but did wear a "special occasion" dress in Ivory.  Whatever you want is fine.  If you visit the website offbeatbrides, you'll see dozens of brides who chose to wear red!  It's what you feel good in.  Just don't rule out white because it's your second, only rule it out because you love the other (pink) dress.  :-) 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I wore green - lucky colour!
  • edited December 2011
    the dress is gorgeous in pink. i was gonna have my girls wear that but we decided on something else later (long story)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I love black and pink together, especially if it is a very pale pink. I think that is so elegant. Good luck.

TO POST A PIC CLICK THE LITTLE TREE SYMBOL BELOW,
    CLICK BROWSE IN THE BOX AND
    CHOOSE YOUR PIC FROM YOUR COMPUTER, THEN CLICK OPEN.
    iT WILL SAVE IN A BOX ON YOUR SCREEN,
    CLICK SAVE. IT WILL GO INTO YOUR POST WHERE YOUR CURSER IS.

RANDOM.
  • edited December 2011
    Love it!  What a great idea.  I bet you will be pretty in pink ;)
    ~Scott & Shelly~ ~4/23/10~We met our soulmates~ ~6/17/10~He popped the big question~ ~10/14/12~We become one flesh~
  • LilCrumpetLilCrumpet member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    afeith6658, the dress is lovely in pink.. a lot of people choose to wear colored wedding dresses for their first weddings.. let alone their 2nd.. so don't feel bad about wearing pink.. the dress is lovely.. but there are a lot of dress makers out there that make some amazing pink colored gowns.. before you 100% decide on this as your option try googleing "pink wedding gown" or going to ebay and typing the same.. just to get the idea of what else is out there.. if after looking you still can't get the David's gown outta your mind.. go for it! No matter what you choose it'll be lovely for sure! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards