Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Post Wedding Blues!

We just got married 6 days ago.  And my new husband and I are feeling sad.
We spent 9 months planning and had parties and family in town, etc.  Now the parties are over and family has gone home.  The wedding day flew by!  Now it's all over and we feel kind of depressed.  Still have to take our honeymoon, so that may help.  And still am busy with Thank You Cards. 

But just wondering if this is a common feeling among newlyweds?  And did you also feel like you wedding and reception went by too quickly?

Stephanie.....

Re: Post Wedding Blues!

• Options

I felt the same way as you. We got engaged in Oct. of 2006, and our wedding was in May of 2009, so there was lots of time to plan/anticipate. I swear, it was the fastest day of my life. I remember it of course, but it's still a bit of a blur. Once we got back from the HM (taken right after the wedding), I was a bit bummed. I started thinking about little things that went wrong that were out of my control, or how maybe I could have picked a vendor for such and such. It took me a couple of months, but I eventually got out of the funk.

I just say give it some time. Plus, you still have pictures to look forward to from your photog, plus your HM. I think that will help. Also, how about taking up some new hobbies? I love scrapbooking, and am working on one from my study abroad trip a few years ago, as well as a wedding and HM one.

Congratulations to you!

• Options
    Kim, thank you!  You just described my experience thus far exactly.  In two days, it will be 3 weeks since the wedding and I'm analyzing what went wrong and wishing I'd done this and that differently, feeling sad that it all seems like a blur now, wishing we could do it all again, finding it hard to believe that it's allllll really over, feeling sad that my mom and I (who bonded big-time during the planning process) don't have that "thing" to bring us together now, etc.  I thought it was best that we took the honeymoon immediately after to ease the transition/let-down, but maybe it would have been smart to delay it a week or two when it was just starting to hit me.  There's plenty to do now, I'm sure I'll be past all this soon, but being a bride was just so cool and nothing will ever quite compare to it.  I'm really trying hard to think of some way I can wear my dress again. :)  All you brides whose wedding hasn't happened yet, enjoy every minute of it!
  • Options
    I understand how you could feel this way, particularly planning a big wedding. To tell you the truth, though I think I am the opposite. Great as the wedding was, it was more to plan and to worry about then I ever anticipated and I am very happy at the prospect of settling back down into normal life.

Now we can start on our married life together!
  • Options
    I kind of feel the same way after 2 weeks.  It actaully just hit me last night when it was the first night in a year that I didn't have something I just had to get done!  I know it is just a funk and it will pass but for now it is kind of an empty feeling.  I think I'm going to talk to DH and see if we can have a fun date night this weekend, I know that will help!
  • Options
    I know I will get that way once the wedding is behind us.
    Which is why I'll be concentrating on starting a family!
  • Options
    I really enjoyed planning my wedding and I LOVE reliving that day all the time! I got married 2 months ago. I can't believe it's already passed. We had so much fun and such a great time with everyone. It was all a dream, I swear! Everything was so wonderful! I can't believe it's over!

I think about the fact that I'm not planning a wedding anymore sometimes. We made a scrapbook and photo album, so I'll look at those and reminisce. Also, my DH made our DVD, so I like to watch that for memories.

Now that we are working on starting a family, that is in my mind. Also, my MOH got engaged a week after our wedding so I am focused on her wedding now too. I guess you just have to find little things here and there to keep it exciting.

Plus, our honeymoon is in June, so we are planning and getting very excited for that!
  • Options
    P.S.
    I LOVED my wedding dress too!!! I didn't want to take it off! I want to find another way to wear it as well! I'm pretty sure I plan on putting it on for our one-year anniversary! I loved my dress so much! When I see pics, I just remember thinking how much I loved it and I want to go put it back on now! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards