Honeymoon Discussions

Couples Negril vs. Secrets Capri

We have narrowed it down between Couples Negril in Jamaica and Secrets Capri in Riveria Maya. Has anyone had any experience with either of them??? We are looking to go mid Sept.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Couples Negril vs. Secrets Capri

• Since they are each at a different destination, its hard to say which one will be best. Secrets will be a bit more luxurious, as Couples Negril is more understated, but still very nice. Knowing my personal tastes, and having been to several Couples and Secrets properties, I'd probably lean toward Secrets. I prefer Mexico over Jamaica, though. I don't think you'll go wrong with either at the end of the day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_couples-negril-vs-secrets-capri?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:2bdd854b-cb25-41cf-9e12-16a7001e0f4cPost:e3942a9e-c730-4fdf-a951-67531ece670b">Re: Couples Negril vs. Secrets Capri</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since they are each at a different destination, its hard to say which one will be best. Secrets will be a bit more luxurious, as Couples Negril is more understated, but still very nice. Knowing my personal tastes, and having been to several Couples and Secrets properties, I'd probably lean toward Secrets. I prefer Mexico over Jamaica, though. I don't think you'll go wrong with either at the end of the day.
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

@Jells--Since you have been to both Couples and Secrets resorts, how would you compare their activities? Do both have a good selection of night shows, etc? I saw a sample schedule for Couples but Secrets did not have one posted online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually do not like night shows, so I can't really comment on that. I do know that Secrets does have something every night, though. Capri may have a nightclub that offers dancing. Some of the properties do and some don't. As far as activities go, I feel that the offerings that Couples includes are moe substantial than Secrets. For example, the glass bottom boat, shopping excursion, catamaran cruise. Secrets does not include anything that substantial other than greens fees if you golf. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards