Wedding Reception Forum

First Dance..what's your song??

I'm curious what you and your fiance have chosen as the song for your first dance? How about the parent's dance/father-daughter/mother-son dance?
Any suggestions for a country song that would be good for those special dances? Thanks!

Re: First Dance..what's your song??

• Alot of girls use I Loved Her First for father/daughter.

We didn't do any special dances but our first dance was "Can't Help Falling in Love" by the Eels (not the Elvis version).
  • our FD song is "Smile" by Uncle Kracker.. if you are looking for country songs, my friend did "bless the broken road" a while back
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my first dance is "Hold me, thrill me, kiss me" by mel carter
    mother/son my wish by rascal flats
    father/daugher my little girl by tim mcgraw

other suggestions

"It's Your Love" Faith Hill & Tim McGraw
    “When you say nothing at all” Alison Krauss
    "From this moment" Shania Twain
    "I Do Cherish You" Mark Wills
    “Only You Can Love Me This Way" Keith Urban
    “I swear John” Michael Montgomery

check out the music board under specal topic wedding boards
  • Our first dance song is Better Together by Jack Johnson
    Father/Daughter is Walk with you by Edwin McCain
    Mother/Son is My wish by Rascall Flatts
  • We used Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler for our first dance. :)

• We are using "Who I Am" by Wade Bowen. We both like red dirt music and he is one of our favorite artists. If you are going for country though, other good ones are "Cross My Heart" by George Strait, "Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd or "When I Said I Do" by Clint Black. My cousin and his wife used a Jack Johnson song "Better When We're Together" after their destination wedding in Mexico, and it was great too!

• our first dance song was all i want is you by u2.
    cant help you with country-don't listen to it.

• Our first dance is "Storybook Love" from Princess Bride... 

I've seen "I loved her first" done a million times... that's pretty much all i know for Country!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE country music!

My first dance will be "Bless this broken road" By rascal flatts
    Father/daughter dance: "I loved her first" by Heartland
    Mother/Son dance: TBD But I really want "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts (I want to let his mom pick the song but this is one of my suggestions for her)

I am also doing Love songs for our table names (We have been together for 7yrs and sooo many songs fit for "Our Song" we have trouble chosing!  Here is the list we are using for tables, most would be great first songs:

1 Bless This Broken Road - Rascal Flatts     
    2 Love Song - 311     
    3 Little Moments Like That - Brad Paisly     
    4 Marry Me - Train     
    5 It's Your Love - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill     
    6 the Luckiest - Ben Folds     
    7 Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Gaden     
    8 All My Life - Kacee and JoJo     
    9 Amazed - LoneStar     
    10 I just Cal you mine - Martina McBride     
    11 Me and You - Kenny Chesney     
    12 Making Memories of Us - Keith Urban     
    13 This Everyday love - Rascal Flatts     
    14 Waiting All My Life - Rascal Flatts     
    15 Take me There - Rascal Flatts     
    16 Lost In this Moment - Big and Rich     
    17 Whatever it is - zac brown band     
    18 Then - Brad Paisly     
    19 History In the Making - Darius Rucker     

HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • For our first dance we are having Unchained Melody by the righteous brothers but my father is going to sing it for us.

Father Daughter dance is going to be "butterfly kisses" Makes my dad cry.
    For the Mother Son dance I have not a clue I'm leaving that up to my fiancee.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • our first dance will be Ginuwine: Differences

Father daughter dance... I think im going with John Mayer- Daughters

thoughts???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • our first dance is my best friend by tim mcgraw, still up in the air about father daughter but im thinking i loved her first, and fi has to pick a song for him and his mom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our first dance will be You and Me by Dave Matthews Band
    His son and mom dance is Shine by John Legend
    and my dad hasnt picked yet :)
  • vcospelich7vcospelich7 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010

Our first dance is 'at last' by Etta James

my father passed a year and a half ago so i will be dancing a mother/daughter dance- carrie underwoods 'mama's song'- tears will be flowing

haven't begun the search for the mother/son dance. suggestions?

• Our first dance is going to be "I will be here" by Steven Curtis Chapman, not many people do it, but it is really great!  The father daughter danc will be "Always be your baby" by Amy Grant, another one that is not very common.. not sure about the mom son dance. 
    -brooke
  • We had this same problem...couldn't decide...1st it was "Whatever it is" by Zac Brown...then it was"Smile" by Uncle Kracker...then it was "Love like Crazy" by Lee Brice...

Well once we heard "When you've got a Good Thing" by Lady Antebellum - that was it!  Sometimes the song just hits you like a shopping cart! Smile (we're still playing the other songs, just not FD)

For the father/daughter dance, well I first started dancing w/my as little girl to Frank Sinatra tunes, so that should be easy to find one - but if he's not physically able, my brother is planning on twirling me around the floor to Brian Sezter's "Gettin in the Mood." (Lord - I hope I remember how to swing dance!)

Mother/Son dance is CCR's "Born on the Bayou."  Yeah. I know.  But he's a Southern Boy and I love him!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our FD will probably be "All my life", the Shayne Ward version.
    How about "I wanna love somebody like you" by Tim McGraw?
  • I have a list of possible first dance songs in my phone, and they are all country.

She's Everything - Brad Paisley
    Me and You - Kenny Chesney (one of my absolute faves)
    Only You Can Love Me This Way - Keith Urban (FI's fave)
    I Need You - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
    Making Memories of Us - Keith Urban
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're dancing to "our song" which is Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash.  I'm interested to see how everyone will react.

For the Father/daughter we're doing Blessed by Elton John.  I'm letting my FMIL choose the mother/son dance.
  • Our first dance will be to Only You Can Love Me This Way by Keith Urban.
  • Our first dance was to a country song called  "Bring it On Home" by Little Big Town

My dad and I danced to "I Loved Her First".  I'm really, really over that song, but that's what dad had his heart set on!

• Ours is "More" by Bobby Darin!
  • My fav is "When you've got a good thing"-Lady Antebellum

We are hoping this song doesn't become a huge single for them before our wedding in May. I think it's nice to chose a song that hasn't been done at every wedding...but the choice is yours!

Good Luck :)

• The song for our first dance is going to be Book of Love by the Magnetic Fields. But it is going to be really special because my dad is going to play the guitar and harmonica and sing the song for us. I have a feeling that I wont be able to stop crying. 

I think we are going to do a combined mother/son and father/daughter dance. We are probably going to use What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. 
  • So far our "first dance" is going to be "angel"- aerosmith

I'm not even inviting my father to the wedding, hes a piece of Shiz. I'm having a MOTHER-daughter dance. it's going to be "mamas song"- carrie underwood.

I have NO CLUE what my FI is wanting to choose for their song-- i'm kinda scared to ask. ha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are dancing to This Years Love by David Gray and father daughter is going to be ?
  • Our first dance is to "This Will Be Our Year" by The Zombies.  Sounds like a scary, hard core rock song, but it isn't.  They are a Beattles era band with a vintage sound that is just perfect for us.

I am dancing with my father to "Slipping Through My Fingers" by ABBA and my fiance is dancing with his mom to "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" by James Taylor.  We are not telling them what songs we chose for our daddy/daughter and mother/son dances, so they will really surprised and touched, I think. 
  • this years love is an AMAZING song.  everyone will be in tears!  good luck getting through that one! :)  congrats!
  • Our first dance will be Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban.  I'm not even a big country fan, but I love that song!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our first dance was going to be "I can love you like that" by John Michael Montgomery, but I have had a few changes of heart since then, right now I am sitting with "When you've got a Good Thing" by Lady Antebellum.  Father/Daughter dance, I had a song picked out but everyone (except my dad) was giving me grief, so I am going to let him pick.  And then we are also doing a Mother/Son-Step Father/Daughter Dance which will be "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards