Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Brunch Buffet Reception Food Suggestions

Hi ladies! ok, so we're throwing around a new idea for food since every route we've looked at so far doesnt feel "quite right" or just doesnt work. we were originally planning for a morning ceremony (1030-11 or so), cocktail hour, and a lunch reception. we've booked our venue based on the location and styling of it. they cater, however for an extra $100 we can also bring in an outside caterer. we've opted (most likely) to bring in someone because we can only choose one main meal through the venue, and im not big on forcing our 85-100 guests to all eat the same thing. with that in mind, we're thinking of hosting a brunch buffet. we both love brunch more than any other meal, and with a morning ceremony it seems fitting.

we adore brunch, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty planning of all that goes into a meal like that, im stumped. we're on a budget, so that's also a limitation. what would you include in a brunch buffet menu to assure that most, if not all, of the guests fully enoy the meal? Any tips for something like this?  Give me examples of what something like that cost you in total per person. I know if varies by region, but just a general concensus is nice to know when im heading to a caterer. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brunch Buffet Reception Food Suggestions

• edited December 2011
    I would stay away from expensive food - shrimp, etc. Now sure exactly what you are looking for but maybe: donuts, strata, breakfast pizza, english muffin bake, frittata.  Then you can pick different meats or veggies depending on what you like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe just go traditional? Scambled eggs or an omlette station, hashbrowns, french toast, veggies, breakfast meats, fresh fruit salad...I know that's a little more breakfast ish then brunch but doing eggs as the builk help keep costs down I think.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bacon, sausage, quiche, waffles, sliced ham, assorted pastries and breads, fresh fruit, mimosas, bloody marys, coffee, tea, juice. Local caterers charged about $12-17/person for brunch, depending on the options offered.
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind the vegetarians and those with high cholesterol by adding fruit salads, egg white omelets and lower calorie options. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think most people would be happiest with the traditional breakfast foods.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
      I would have a crepe station with sweet and savory toppings or an omelet station, breakfast meats, donuts, bagels with cream cheeses, quiche, strata, a fruit tray, hash browns or home fries and pastries.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

Quiche or fritattas, bacon, sausage, ham, pastries, muffins, cold smoked salmon, chilled seafood station, fruit & cheese, home fries, omelette station, pancake station, waffle station, crepe station, cold veggie salads or salad bar, french toast, gourmet coffee bar, Mimosas, Bloody Marys, Bellinis.  Maybe a light cake flavor like lemon, or something with fresh berries.  Dense fudgy cake might be too rich and heavy.

• edited December 2011
    The south here  :)

Chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits, ham biscuits, pineapple casserole.  I agree with a lighter flavor cake....orange, lemon, or red velvet as opposed to heavy chocolate.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards