Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Outdoor wedding suggestions - NE Iowa

I live in waverly and am dreaming of a summer outdoor wedding next July.  Does anyone have a good suggestions that will go with our rustic elegance theme?  We can't really come up with a good location that doesn't require a two or three hour drive.  I know there are so many places that I am over looking, so any ideas would be great!  Thanks guys

Re: Outdoor wedding suggestions - NE Iowa

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what about cedar bend in waverly? are you a wartburg grad?  perhaps you could check into doing your wedding on campus.

cedar falls has a beautiful area--hartman reserve, i think it's called.  and george wyth park is in waterloo or cedar falls (i could be wrong on the spelling...been awhile since i've been in that area).

also, maybe check if there is a pretty farm or country home, i'm sure some nice people in NE iowa would be willing to work with you :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people are thinking??  There is an absolutely beautiful farm  (water, bridges, gazebos etc) in Ossian, IA and I know they have weddings there, but I can't imagine they are very big.  There's Backbone State Park, not sure what the wedding options would be there.  Or the Cedar Valley Arboreteum  in Waterloo is really pretty. I am sure I can think of more, but probably need to know what kind of wedding you are looking for and the size. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this would be a beautiful place for a summer wedding:
    http://www.cedarvalleyarboretum.org/rentals.asp

Great for pictures too with all the flowers :)

I also like the Rotary Reserve in CF. I wanted my wedding there but the month I wanted was completely booked.
  • Options
    renjon7798renjon7798 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! 
  • Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Backbone State Park has a stone lodge that overlooks the lake.  Not sure of the capacity but I know that there have been many weddings & events held there.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    renjon7798renjon7798 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We settled on the Aboretum by Hawkeye.  It's just too perfect.  And close to our reception site.  Thank you all so much for the wonderful suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding a place!

I'm from that area of the state, and I've been to a ton of weddings in NE Iowa...if you need any other suggestions, post away :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards