California-Napa

Napa Valley Location. Long Distance Planning

Hello Knotties!

I am engaged and have gotten to the stage of the wedding planning to chose a venue. Patrick and I have our heart set on Napa Valley but that comes with it's own set of issues. (it's Sept. 28thish 2012)

1. Trying to pick venues when you are in a different country.

We will definitely go down and look at a couple of places before we put a deposit down. How do we narrow the list down to managable? There are so many nice places! Any reccomendations?

2. Guest list is around 150..They are from all over Canada, Ireland and a family in Alabama!

How can I make this easier on my guests, though I am sure they will all love to get a way for a trip. We are giving plenty of notice to make sure those who want to come can save.

Any advise would be super :)

Re: Napa Valley Location. Long Distance Planning

• mooselissamooselissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do as much research online as you can so you can make the most of your visit. If your heart is really set on Napa, you will probably not be able to get married at winery (most aren't able to have weddings). There are, however, a few beautiful resorts and restaurants that might have the vibe you're looking for. If your hoping for the winery experience give Sonoma a look--there aren't laws there that limit it, so there are many options. I'm partial to Sonoma in general, but you can't wrong in either place.

As a long distance bride, a coordinator can really help you navigate venues and vendors. Most wineries require that you have one, so I also suggest that you do some research and try to find someone early--they'll be able to help you find the perfect place.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards