Ohio-Cleveland

Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!

Hello All!!! Congrats to all the engaged and newly wed people on the knot!!

My fiance and I are looking for a church to have our Christian Ceremony. We need a church that would allow ceremonies for non-members. We would also like to join a church as we have recently moved to the area. We're looking in the Cleveland area/suburb of Cleveland area for a location. Please Please PLEASE let me know if you all have any suggestions! Laughing
Thanks
p.s. If you're going to post to this discussion please be nice. I posted this discussion to a different board on this website (I'm guessing it was a board that can be seen my other brides all over the u.s.) and you wouldn't believe the rude women who have made an issue out of me wanting to have my wedding ceremony in a church. So please be a beautiful bride and not like any of the brides who posted to my initial discussion. Thank you so much Ladies!! xoxox

Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!

• TheVirginiansTheVirginians member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    Click on this. http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_churches-for-a-ceremony-please-help_.0 On the ceremony board you posted you were looking for a pretty church with cathedral ceilings, a center aisle, and large glass windows. You did not mention that you were looking to JOIN a church, and this change is wonderful. That was an entirely different post than what you have stated here. We pointed out to you that you viewed the church as a stageset for your wedding production. I guess you realized your error as you have changed your requirements now. How nice you are looking for a church. I am praying for you and your FI.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_looking-for-a-church-to-hold-a-ceremony-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:95e263b9-0172-41e4-b546-c5935dd07efcPost:99678ac7-e103-4f17-91fe-0b7098ff1fe7">Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello All!!! Congrats to all the engaged and newly wed people on the knot!! My fiance and I are looking for a church to have our Christian Ceremony. We need a church that would allow ceremonies for non-members. We would also like to join a church as we have recently moved to the area. We're looking in the Cleveland area/suburb of Cleveland area for a location. Please Please PLEASE let me know if you all have any suggestions! Thanks p.s. If you're going to post to this discussion please be nice. I posted this discussion to a different board on this website (I'm guessing it was a board that can be seen my other brides all over the u.s.) and you wouldn't believe the rude women who have made an issue out of me wanting to have my wedding ceremony in a church. So please be a beautiful bride and not like any of the brides who posted to my initial discussion. Thank you so much Ladies!! xoxox
    Posted by Baby Bear 304[/QUOTE]
  • ah. I'm in the same boat.  Somebody suggested Scranton Road Church to me, its in Ohio City.  Its a very diverse church, lots of different backrounds, different ages -  also feels very safe and like a good group of people.  What I really liked about it is there is a good 20-something crowd and they have their own life group type thing.  The head pastor is great.  2 negetives I have are the worship is kind of low-energy (I'm from a high energy church and where people got really into praise and worship) and this is very superficial of me - but they have these bright blue chairs that I really wasn't digging, its such a beautiful church so the ugly chairs were bothering me.  Only noticed because I was imagining my wedding there.  Anyway... I'm still looking around but this has been my top choice.  Good luck!!
  • Lol Yes. Thank you! Sometimes when I'm posting, I don't post the whole situation and it impossible for others to know what's going on. Either way this was my first time asking for suggestions and it has been way too traumatic. (If you know how to delete posts that would be awesome, as I want to get rid of this like a bad dream. lol) I've never been one to judge others and didn't feel comfortable with negative insinuations. But yes, My fiance and I and believers and followers of Christ. We just want to find a church home and have a beautiful wedding as well. We've already done our marriage counseling (which was awesome!) and are excited to find a church home. I appreciate your suggestion and I will pray for you and your family as well.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_looking-for-a-church-to-hold-a-ceremony-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:95e263b9-0172-41e4-b546-c5935dd07efcPost:9e6eb451-d894-4f45-9f16-11745849c524">Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Click on this. <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_churches-for-a-ceremony-please-help_.0">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_churches-for-a-ceremony-please-help_.0</a> On the ceremony board you posted you were looking for a pretty church with cathedral ceilings, a center aisle, and large glass windows. You did not mention that you were looking to JOIN a church, and this change is wonderful. That was an entirely different post than what you have stated here. We pointed out to you that you viewed the church as a stageset for your wedding production. I guess you realized your error as you have changed your requirements now. How nice you are looking for a church. I am praying for you and your FI.
    Posted by va4ryans[/QUOTE]
  • Baby Bear 304Baby Bear 304 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    Thank you sooo much! I will look them up and visit there for service. I love diversity in churches and a young crowd definitely has its pros! The low energy worship could be a bit of a stumbling block for me, but I'm open to giving it a try. That's too funny about the chairs! lol! I will take a look. Thank you so much for you kindness and support!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_looking-for-a-church-to-hold-a-ceremony-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:95e263b9-0172-41e4-b546-c5935dd07efcPost:ae7855b4-32d1-42e3-b7a4-021be3ca6138">Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]ah. I'm in the same boat.  Somebody suggested Scranton Road Church to me, its in Ohio City.  Its a very diverse church, lots of different backrounds, different ages -  also feels very safe and like a good group of people.  What I really liked about it is there is a good 20-something crowd and they have their own life group type thing.  The head pastor is great.  2 negetives I have are the worship is kind of low-energy (I'm from a high energy church and where people got really into praise and worship) and this is very superficial of me - but they have these bright blue chairs that I really wasn't digging, its such a beautiful church so the ugly chairs were bothering me.  Only noticed because I was imagining my wedding there.  Anyway... I'm still looking around but this has been my top choice.  Good luck!!
    Posted by GabbyBarks[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_looking-for-a-church-to-hold-a-ceremony-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:95e263b9-0172-41e4-b546-c5935dd07efcPost:d5679620-affd-4c66-9e53-bcb898b29a66">Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol Yes. Thank you! Sometimes when I'm posting, I don't post the whole situation and it impossible for others to know what's going on. Either way this was my first time asking for suggestions and it has been way too traumatic. (If you know how to delete posts that would be awesome, as I want to get rid of this like a bad dream. lol)<strong> I've never been one to judge others and didn't feel comfortable with negative insinuations.</strong> But yes, My fiance and I and believers and followers of Christ. We just want to find a church home and have a beautiful wedding as well. We've already done our marriage counseling (which was awesome!) and are excited to find a church home. I appreciate your suggestion and I will pray for you and your family as well. In Response to Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help! :
    Posted by Baby Bear 304[/QUOTE]

I saw your other post and you were correct, you didn't post the entire situation. We have seen far too many brides looking to get married in a church just because it was pretty looking and were upset when we told them it was offensive. You should have posted that you WERE looking to join the church! You would have garnered a much different respons!

And no one was mean, they just told you the truth as someone who was just looking for a pretty church (no intention of joining).
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • is there a certain area of cleveland that you are looking for a church to join?
  • All the best to you, Baby Bear. I'm from Zanesville originally and have family in Shaker. Their home is a big old stone house so I expect there are some beautiful traditional churches there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_looking-for-a-church-to-hold-a-ceremony-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:95e263b9-0172-41e4-b546-c5935dd07efcPost:ddf023d3-a2d1-406b-96dd-11481d57bb8e">Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help! : I saw your other post and you were correct, you didn't post the entire situation. We have seen far too many brides looking to get married in a church just because it was pretty looking and were upset when we told them it was offensive. You should have posted that you WERE looking to join the church! You would have garnered a much different respons! And no one was mean, they just told you the truth as someone who was just looking for a pretty church (no intention of joining).
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I disagree that it's offensive, especially if you don't know the whole situation...  For me, I live two counties outside of Cuyahoga County yet that's where I'm getting married.  Why would I have any intention of joining a church if I'm not able to attend regularly?</div><div>
    </div><div>It's completely understandable for some people to need to find a nice church to simply get married in as situations vary so much.  I work for a ministry and my colleague plans on marrying us but we simply need a church to physically do it in.

</div>
  • We'd like to stay on the east side of Cleveland, but we're not having much luck over here. So we're open to anything right about now.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_looking-for-a-church-to-hold-a-ceremony-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:95e263b9-0172-41e4-b546-c5935dd07efcPost:3bc5c97c-5069-4e81-8831-2aa5a00a9292">Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]is there a certain area of cleveland that you are looking for a church to join?
    Posted by Erikan73[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks so much!!! I will take a look!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_looking-for-a-church-to-hold-a-ceremony-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:95e263b9-0172-41e4-b546-c5935dd07efcPost:010b77f4-2574-46cb-af59-2ab066ce7009">Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]All the best to you, Baby Bear. I'm from Zanesville originally and have family in Shaker. Their home is a big old stone house so I expect there are some beautiful traditional churches there.
    Posted by NYCMercedes[/QUOTE]
  • YEESSS!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! Assumptions aren't always so encouraging. I appreciate your agreement. :-). I actually took a look at a church yesterday! Maybe you should check them out as well. The name of the Church is First Baptist Church. They are located on Fairmount Blvd. in Cleveland Heights. There are also three other churches located on Fairmount Blvd. in Cleveland Heights that my fiance and I are looking at. (Fairmount Presbyterian Church and St, Paul's Episcopal Church) Good Luck and I pray that you find a beautiful church and have a wonderful and memorable wedding! xoxo

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_looking-for-a-church-to-hold-a-ceremony-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:95e263b9-0172-41e4-b546-c5935dd07efcPost:ef2fb8ad-9016-41f2-b769-9c43646e8c3a">Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking for a Church to hold a Ceremony! Please Help! : I disagree that it's offensive, especially if you don't know the whole situation...  For me, I live two counties outside of Cuyahoga County yet that's where I'm getting married.  Why would I have any intention of joining a church if I'm not able to attend regularly? It's completely understandable for some people to need to find a nice church to simply get married in as situations vary so much.  I work for a ministry and my colleague plans on marrying us but we simply need a church to physically do it in.
    Posted by mlg78[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks for the suggestion, Baby Bear  but our reception venue is in Brooklyn so I'd like to stay a bit more centralized.  I know if we needed an east side location my fiance would want us to marry in the only Armenian church in the area which is in Richmond Heights...but I'm struggling to find something in the Parma/Brooklyn area.
  • We're in the same boat! I feel at a loss right now...
  • We are having on the West side Rocky River United Methodist Church, the sanctuary is absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. The minister is great to work with too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards