Chit Chat

Advice Wanted

I need advice:

One of my bridesmaids just informed me that she wants to bring her boyfriend to my Girls Only favor assembly/game night. My fiance is even leaving for the day/night so we can enjoy so giggly girl time. How do I handle this? Aside from the fact I think it's odd that he cannot be away from her, I simply do not want him here for my girly day with my bridal party.

Help?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Advice Wanted

• Remind her that it's only going to be girls there, and your FI is not staying. But if she still wants to bring him that's fine, you'd just hate for him to be uncomfortable. Chances are once he realizes he's going to be the only male there he probably won't want to come.
  • I don't get why girls always do this.  Don't people understand that a little time away from each other is healthy.  I'm sorry, OP, that is annoying.  I'd just be honest with her and tell her it's girls only but if she gets all huffy about it, I wouldn't fight it. He's going to feel silly being the only guy there, though.  Maybe the 2 of them will remember that the next time you invite HER to something.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Tell her no boys allowed, period?

It's really quite simple.
  • that is just plain weird!  Girls Night out......no boys!
  • Just tell her it's a girl's night and that you'll miss her if she can't come without her boyfriend.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Yeah, I would tell her it's a girls' night. Just tell her even your FI is leaving for the night.
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• I agree with Ziti. You don't bring boys into girls' night. Just tell her it's girls' only.
    planning

• Ugh, I have never understood why girls do this! I would just tell her "Sorry, girls only" and hope she understands. And you could always say something about FI not being there.
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • So I  told her that I would rather he didn't come and that it's just a chance for the girls to get together...she didn't respond so I guess we'll see?

I'm bothered by the fact that she told me "he doesn't like to be away from me" as her reasoning for needing to bring him...that doesn't sound healthy to me. I'm concerned for her as a part of this relationship.  :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If she comes over with her boyfriend, don't let them in. Tell her its rude to ignore your request of girls only. 
  • Or if you are too uncomfortable telling her she can't bring him, get your FI to stay, and they can have a couple of beers together, and even help you do the favours? When I was a BM, we had girls round the dining table with a couple of glasses of wine, and the boys were in the living room, watching rugby and having a couple of beers. Ok, so they didn't help us haha, but it still felt like a girls night!
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    I agree with all the girls, just tell her how it is. Sorry but no boys allowed!! "Your BF will be very lonely being the only guy there, even FI is leaving."
  • When I want time alone with one of my girlfriends, the guys usually hang out and do something together. Not sure if this would work- does your FI know this guy? If they are friends, you could always ask FI to have him along for whatever he's doing.
  • Her boyfriend sounds very possessive, controlling, and insecure if he insists on going to an all girl party with her.  

Not good.  Hopefully she realizes this is weird and listens to your request and leaves him behind.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Like.fm for Firefox (click here to dismiss)
    You have not linked an account to this extension. Songs you play will not be sent to Like.fm.
    Weird, Id let her now how you want girls time and want to just see her and the rest of your girls.

Also let her know your concerns about him not wanting her to be w/o him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards