Honeymoon Discussions

belize islands

We are really looking into going to belize, but we'd like to stay on a private island. We don't mind a few other couples being there, we just want something less busy and relaxing. Has any one been to belize? Where do you recommend staying? We really want to go snorkeling as well as seeing caves the ruins.

Re: belize islands

• We went to Belize for a vacation in 2010 and loved it there! We stayed on the mainland for a few days, then flew to one of the islands at stayed at Victoria House. Its located on the Ambergris Caye. The resort is beautiful, they dont have phone or TV in the room, so you are "forced" to relax. Hahaa. It's also close to the little town called San Pedro. You can walk, use their free bikes or rent the golf cart to drive into town and eat lunch / dinner there. They also offered excursions to the mayan ruins and snorkeling, etc...we snorkeld with nurse sharks (very friendly!) and rays... it was amazing! You will love it!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The best vacation of my life was in Belize. We stayed in the Cayo district for 5 nights and it was AMAZING. I can't stress enough how much you should spend some time there. We went to Tikal, took a tour of an ancient Mayan cave that is seriously not to be missed, Actun Tunich Miknal. We also stayed on Ambergris but it was just ok. Snorkeling at the reef was Outstanding, but the beaches/swimming aren't good. There are other islands to the south that are still accessible to the reef but I believe they would be much nicer to stay on than Ambergris.
  • thank you! we decided to stay on caye caulker plan to spend our time snorkeling but would really like to see the ruins go cave tubing. does anyone know how the rates are for a water taxi to go do those tours? also do you know if most places provide snorkel gear with corrective lenses?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards