June 2012 Weddings

AW: Just wanted to share...

So on Mother's Day my big sister got engaged! Crazy I know! So will we both be planning our weddings I couldn't be more excited!

Re: AW: Just wanted to share...

• aw thats sweet! congrats to you and her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •    That is fun.

I had a couple of sisters and first cousins, and friends, all weddings within 6 months.  It was great.

No one got ridiculously possessive about - My idea, I want to be unique!

In fact where each of us did use some same things as 1 or 2 others, the wedding were totally different, as different as our personalities.

Meanwhile, we each got to have tremendous savings on some things that 2 or more of 8 of us used.
       18 vases that 4 of us used, some with candles also, some with wild or garden type flowers, another all white flowers, another with masses of one kind of flower, but 5 different colors, every vase having just 1, so like a planned formal garden in the room.

For Inn's and country clubs, some of us used huge low flowering potted plants - so cheap next to cut flowers.  But this meant we
    could justify a 24 piece case lot of double peanut baskets.

We jointly purchased some table runners, or tablecloth overlays - the same diamond of white lace or dusty rose looking totally different over a different background.

Bulk purchase candles,  a bolt of tulle for veiling ( half the price per yard) and the same with jewelry beads for making headpieces and custom jewelry, for brides and attendants .  No 2 bridal parties were the same, but we each had 1 or 2 in other bride's weddings.

So much more fun planning.  We had the use of many more things than any of us could have afforded, and got back a lot selling things used 2-4 times, because since we bought 12, 15, 18 or 24 of many things,  other people looked at undamaged items at 50 - 70% of price, no shopping or shipping.  And we each paid  1/2 to 1/4 of   30% to 50% of original cost.  Peanuts. 

But NO Conflict at all.  Not even where 3 had the same venue in April. July, and September.  Different times, different seasons, different levels of formality.

Such a great lead in to my beginning of October, last wedding of the group.

You are going into it with a great attitude, share and double the fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards