Florida-South Florida

Rehersal Dinner

Good Morning Girls,

So, I was planning on having my rehearsal dinner at Red Koi on the Mile, however, I'm rethinking that for two reasons: 1) construction will be starting on the Mile this year for some very heavy renovations, and I don't want to deal with the traffic and parking, which is already bad enough, imagine with construction going on; 2) I want to save money - lol.

So, any ideas on what I can do? Our rehearsal is in the Grove, so I wanted to have dinner in the area, but I just don't want to spend that much. My parents house is out 'cause it's all the way in Homestead. And there's really nobody that lives in the area. Help!

Re: Rehersal Dinner

• Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try Dolores but you can call me Lolita in Mary Brickell Village.
  • edited December 2011
    Dolores is great but it's also very expensive! I wish I had some suggestions, I just don't know the area. Good luck!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    My rehearsal was near the Gables and my rehearsal dinner was at Shorty's in Doral because they have a nice size room for a private party (we had close to 40 people). My in-laws and I love eating at Shorty's and it was a great option because it's very inexpensive, I'm not sure how much they paid, but I don't imagine it was more than $11 pp. We had skirt steak, fries or potatoes, cole slaw, and dessert. HTH!

http://www.shortys.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh i love shortys yumm...

here are some i could think of

Havana Harrys
    Montys on the Bay
    Flannigans
    Chillis
    Hooters
    Scottys Landing
    Crazy Pianos (food is actually pretty good)
    Las Culebrinas
    RA Sushi At Sunset Place
    Outback At Sunset Place
    Dan Marinos at Sunset Place

ok thats all the ones i can think off im sure there are more :)
  • edited December 2011
    Shorty's BBQ is awesome & cheap- that is what I am doing for RD. Maybe get it catered and have a picnic at one of the parks (Peacock or Bayfront). 

Scotty's Landing is also another cheap, great option. 

Also,
    Johnny Rocket's
    Cheesecake Factory in the Grove
    Jaguar's (slightly more expensive)

HTH. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our rehearsal is in the Grove also and we choose Perricone's near Mary brickell village, it's only 3 miles away from the Grove. Nice spot and good food, and the price wasn't bad ($30 pp)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Berries in the grove
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards