Wedding Reception Forum

Build A Bear wedding favor/activity?

I'm new here, this is my first post so I hope it's in the right place.

My friend and I were talking about children's activities for her wedding and wanted to know if other brides think having a build a bear type station at a reception would be a good idea if it was at all possible (Im not sure it is). 

Is this something you would consider or be happy about if you were attending a wedding?

Personally, I think even if there were attendants parents would probably end up having to supervise their kids and that would get annoying. Maybe a gift certificate to the store would be a better favor for kids? 

***Please disregard my attempt to make a poll - I wasnt sure what I was doing and now I dont know how to delete it***
Already happily married - currently helping a friend plan their wedding!

Re: Build A Bear wedding favor/activity?

• Activities for kids at your wedding are not necessary.  I had abou 6 kids at my wedding and they all had a blast eating cupcakes and dancing the night away.  They didn't need to be entertained or did I have to provide them with games and/or coloring books.

As for the build-a-bear.  Unless you were having a crap ton of kids at your wedding I don't really see the point.

• Put out some coloring books, crayons, art paper and a couple of games.  Forget the bears.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_build-a-bear-wedding-favoractivity?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:e7a2ac55-3d3e-4519-bdf2-f47507c3d500Post:5d649a10-6dae-4b1c-bc8d-1f618f4fafca">Re: Build A Bear wedding favor/activity?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Put out some coloring books, crayons, art paper and a couple of games.  Forget the bears.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to say!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Yeah I didnt do anything for kids at my wedding and everything turned out fine.

He has two kids and there will be quite a few in attendance so I think she feels the need to do something special, I told her if she's set on this bear thing she should try and buy those prepackaged ones and just let kids stuff them or dress them without making a big event out of it.

I will pass on all the suggestions :)
  • Why not just take the two kids with their dad to the real Build-A-Bear store and let the kids go nuts making their stuffed animals however they want. It would be a special family bonding trip and would probably cost less in than giving every child in attendance a stuffed animal to dress up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_build-a-bear-wedding-favoractivity?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:e7a2ac55-3d3e-4519-bdf2-f47507c3d500Post:5d649a10-6dae-4b1c-bc8d-1f618f4fafca">Re: Build A Bear wedding favor/activity?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Put out some coloring books, crayons, art paper and a couple of games.  Forget the bears.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

This

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • msloudamslouda member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_build-a-bear-wedding-favoractivity?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:e7a2ac55-3d3e-4519-bdf2-f47507c3d500Post:e9973185-8f8f-4ef5-845d-639c7eb54199">Re: Build A Bear wedding favor/activity?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not just take the two kids with their dad to the real Build-A-Bear store and let the kids go nuts making their stuffed animals however they want. It would be a special family bonding trip and would probably cost less in than giving every child in attendance a stuffed animal to dress up.
    Posted by FluffyGumDrop[/QUOTE]

<div> I know they do lots of fun things like that when they spend time together, I dont know her finances but I dont think money is an issue and this was just her version of coloring books and crayons like a lot of people have mentioned. </div><div>
    </div><div>It seems like I'm not the only one who thinks it might be best to keep it simple.</div>
  • Aside from the cost and the fact you'd need to somehow get a variety of things, this is really only good for a select population of kids.  A lot of kids over a certain age won't find it appealing, and kids under a certain age won't be able to do it without their parents.  I would just go with coloring books / craft supplies. 

• I would have LOVED that activity even at a relatively old age. (Hell, I'd STILL enjoy making a custom bear...I could give it to my own kids someday). If you can afford it I say go for it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards