African American Weddings

3 weeks left and no first dance song

so im going crazy over songs for the wedding,i still dont have a first song dance,i gave that up to my fi to pick what song,but i have songs narrowed down like for bouqet throw-single ladies,bridal party entrance-push it,me and fi-crazy in love or biz markie.and a couple more in mind,but is anyone else having trouble with this!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 weeks left and no first dance song

• edited December 2011
    I am having the same problem.... AHHHHH!!!  29 days and counting....
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried to google wedding songs? You can google and type of music you are wanting, r&b, country etc.  HTH
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding isn't as close as yours but Yeah we can't figure out that one either...we have all the other songs figured out except that one...he loves "Love all over me" by Monica and I like it but not enough to want to make it my first dance song...We both like Sure Thing by Miguel  but the pace may be too fast... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRM_AFfTkkk

I feel your pain!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yes and no!!! My first dance and my walk down the aisle are my biggest mysteries thus far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Atttttt Laassssstttt.....excuse me At Last by Etta James is the song we have chosen. Remember how beautiful it was when the President and First Lady danced to that at the inaugural ball?!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We actually had a song...then changed it. Originally, we were going to do an Anthony Hamilton song (which I really didnt like but Fi liked it). Then one day for some reason we were listening to the dreamgirls soundtrack in the car (don't ask why) and that song 'When I first saw you' by Beyonce and Jamie Foxx came on and we both started bawling. At first I thought it would be cheesey to have it as a first dance song, but then I was just like what the he!!...so we picked it.
  • edited December 2011
    What kind of music do you two listen to?  

We're dancing to Stay With You by John Legend.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_3-weeks-left-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:97b2384e-43b2-49cd-86a9-3a125177413ePost:c69e5501-1014-4e81-854c-2d0f767e0c9b">Re: 3 weeks left and no first dance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes and no!!! My first dance and my walk down the aisle are my biggest mysteries thus far.
    Posted by prettymami2[/QUOTE]
    yeah thats my biggest problem!!!i may just do at last since i got nothing else.its a very pretty song but i need to find one!my mom was saying my first,my last,my everything or lauren hill cant take my eyes off of you
  • edited December 2011
    What about The Only Exception from Paramore???  I love that song and like that it's more rock, but not sure if it suits you.
  • edited December 2011
    i do like that song but my fi hates paramore,so im just kinda mess up.i love soul and anything like that but i do love elvis,
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm...do you two like Sade?  What about By Your Side?  I wanted that song for years but turns out that FI kind of hated it.  There's also a great Alicia Keys song called That's How Strong My Love Is on her latest album.

Don't mind me...I'm bored and I'm a bit of a music whore...
  • edited December 2011
    haha no,your helping me soo much!!anymore send them my way!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok good!  

We Are Man and Wife - Michelle Featherstone
    To Make You Feel My Love - Adele
    Like A Star - Corinne Bailey Rae
    Fortunate - Lathan McGrady & Lathun Grady (good one!)

• edited December 2011
    yeah i looked at that adele song and i really like it.i think she is gorgous and her voice is beautiful and i think you gave me our first dance song!!!thanks sooo much
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet!
  • hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked at last because its supper slow and we don't have to move around much... neither me or fi can really slow dance...lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh but its the beyonce  version...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Jagged edge - I promise
    Jagged edge - lets get married
    Mary J Blige - Be without u
    Rascal Flatts - God blessed the broken road (i'm not a country music girl, but I LOVEEEEEEEEEE this song)
    When its cold outside - John Legend
    Lady - D'Angelo (FI actually wants us to dance to this..LMAO)
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Babyface-everytime I close my eyes....I just like the words lol
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    were gonna use the adele song,and im just trying to see what song to use for the walk down the aisle still!!thanks for all the help!!
  • ay2unay2un member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Made to Love You by Gerald Levert (I think)

We entertained the idea of doing the following songs:

Endless Love- Luther and Mariah
    All My Life-KC & Jojo
    Still the One- Shania Twain (ok I'll admit it, I'm the only person who was entertaining this one)
    146 Made the cutimage 32 are ready to party image 5 broke my heart, but saved me some moneyimage 109 are testing my patience image RSVP Date July 16th
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_3-weeks-left-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:97b2384e-43b2-49cd-86a9-3a125177413ePost:deda18fd-609a-4e55-93b0-7af2542b7cb1">Re: 3 weeks left and no first dance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing Made to Love You by Gerald Levert (I think) We entertained the idea of doing the following songs: Endless Love- Luther and Mariah All My Life-KC & Jojo Still the One- Shania Twain (ok I'll admit it, I'm the only person who was entertaining this one)
    Posted by ay2un[/QUOTE]

i like that shania twain song too!!so its okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards