Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Florida

Do you guys have advice on where to stay in Florida? We are wanting apalce that has  snorkeling, nice beach, and  night life. The TA i have been talkign to suggested the Ft Walton beach areaPanama City or maybe the Keys. Any advice and recommendations regrading those locations as well as others is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Re: Florida

• Options
    Personally, Sanibel Island is lovely and tropical. Not sure about the activities though. Do some searching, you'd fly into Ft Myers. I can't comment on the other locations.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I say either Key West or Siesta Key (located off of Sarasota)
  • Options

We're going to Clearwater Beach. I've heard many say it's gorgeous and Pier 60 is supposed to have a little of everything.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Just a small warning about the Keys (which I love), if you are hoping to hang out on sugar sand beaches that stretch on for miles, you won't find it there.  Natural beaches are few and far between in the Keys.  However, the Keys probably have the best water activites in Florida, particularly snorkeling, scuba, and sports-fishing (also parasailing, kayak eco-tours etc.).  You will definitely not run out of things to do in Key West.  If you want lots of nightlife in an urban, chic setting, South Beach Miami is a blast and does have fantastic public beaches.

Lately I've also had the urge to see the Sanibel/Captiva area since I've never heard a bad thing either location.
    weddingcollage
  • Options
    I'd watch out before planning a trip to FL right now.  The massive oil spill in the Gulf is going on its oily way to the coast, which it might hit this weekend!  I don't know if the spill will reach the east coast of FL, but it will probably hit the west coast/Keys.
  • Options
    Thanks for the warnig. Are there any  sugar sand beaches in Florida? 
  • Options
    Okay, so two things:
     I live in Florida and I have lots of recommendations on places to stay. I agree completely with Siesta Key ( near Sarasota ). Depending on what you guys like to do, Siesta Key has a lot of shopping, it has sugar sand beaches and not much waves which is nice if you like to relax in the water and not drown from waves. It has great nightlife and unique bars. If you like margaritas or daquiris the best place to go is the daquiri deck and it's right off the beach.

I also have heard ( not been ) to Destin beach. I know they have really nice beaches ( sugar sand white ) as well.

I am originally from the Daytona Beach area, and if you like lots to do and a crowd, it is the place to go. If you're worried about the oil spills, this is an East Coast beach and could have less of an affect from the oil spills.

The Oil Spill:
    Yes, it has affected some of the west coast and I would be concerned about that but I personally haven't seen the affects yet. I would do a lot of research on the affects the oil spill is doing on the west coast beaches and where.

I hope this helps and good luck.
    I don't mind growing old, as long as I'm growing old with you. (:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our Wedding Website
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards