July 2012 Weddings

Happy Monday!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

Showers went amazing! I am still on the road back to FL! We'll get there by the late afternoon! I have missed my knotties!!!

What is on your week to do's? WR? NWR?

Re: Happy Monday!!!!

• I have been waiting for this post today. 

Because this week: we are putting in an offer on a house, IM GRADUATING college, and I have a wedding shower!!! This is likely one of the biggest weeks of my life. 

So we will see how often I am on the knot. :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is amazing elizabeth!!!! Congrats for all!!!!!!!!!! This week I am hanging out with my mom stepdad while they are visiting! We are going to work on wedding invites, pick up my wedding dress!! I whatever else while I am not at work! Eek! I cannot wait to see clyde FI!! I have missed them sooo!!
  • Happy Monday!

NWR:- This weekend I went to one of my oldest friends Bachelorette parties!  We had so much fun!  We all went out to dinner and then to a bar and everyone crashed at her parents house down the shore.

WR- So all of my bridesmaids now have shoes! And I am going to pick up my shoes this weekend :)  I also have a phone call out to the organist for our ceremony so I am just waiting to set-up an appointment with him and ordered stamps for the invitations so just need those to come in so I can have everything ready to go! 
  • Congratulations elizabethmae!!!!

I couldn't get out of bed this morning, seriously. We painted 7 rooms in 3 days and I had to stay in bed for 40 more minutes before I was able to crawl into the shower. I couldn't get all of the paint off my body. I still have streaks on my legs and arms. I have a new found respect for painters now!!!

I have my first shower on Thursday after work hosted by FI's mom's work friends and I'm really nervous about it. I'm dragging along a friend with me who is also an interpreter so I won't feel awkward not knowing what anybody is saying.

Otherwise I am so excited for this weekend so I can just lay around all weekend long.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Boo for Monday. :/ 

WR: Calling officiants and MUA/hairstylists tomorrow.  Finishing up addressing the invitations.

NWR: Having a joint birthday celebration for my mom, my sister and I tonight since my sister is in town until tomorrow.  Cleaning the apartment, and work...the usual.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • GL with your busy and exciting week, Elizabeth!

NWR: Pretty much a normal week. The big boss from our HQs is visiting the office this week, so we have to do a couple of team events that dig into my time home with FI and working on wedding stuff - booo!

WR: Coordinating with organist regarding ceremony music. Finishing menus for reception (almost done!). Speaking to potential videographer tomorrow night - hoping that goes well and we can finally get that checked off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • congrats Elizabethmae!! All of those things are super super exciting!!!

Our weekend was sooo busy...we went to three parties, met our friend's baby (the first of our friends to pop one out...it was kind of surreal!), had brunch with my fiance's parents,  and found the most amazing house in the world! ( see my AW post). 

NWR: This week we are HOPEFULLY putting an offer in on this house! We are seeing one other "comp" that is about the same price of a home tonight just for comparison sake, plus going back in the dream house and hopefully doing some negotiating with the seller! 

WR: My makeup trial is the morning of my bridal shower (may 12) so I need to figure out what looks I want to try out!  More pinning for me, yay! 

We are going to order our rehearsal dinner invitations and return address labels for those invites this week.

Our invites are FINALLY coming in the mail this week as well! I am nervous but excited to finally see how they turned out, and get to work on addressing them! Depending on the timeline of the calligrapher we found, we may not have time for her to do them, so we have to make that decision this week as well.....
  • Congrats on your huge week elizabeth! How exciting!!

This is going to be a busy week! My shower is this Saturday, and FI and I are also mailing out our invitations this weekend! I am SO excited for that! And I'm getting a mani with my mom on Friday night so we'll have pretty nails for the shower. I think I'm more excited to wear my dress than for the actual shower haha.

Otherwise it's a pretty normal week: work, working out, dance lessons.
    Photobucket
  • wr: Trying to finish up the wedding invites and send them out by the weekend.
    NWR: My niece has her 1st communion this weekend, so I will be going to that, other than that nada is going on :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:40e5a2fa-be03-4f66-a9b9-f366765b2d9dPost:a890fd1e-d8a5-49a7-b38d-0adaf7ad0e4a">Re: Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our invites are FINALLY coming in the mail this week as well! I am nervous but excited to finally see how they turned out, and get to work on addressing them! Depending on the timeline of the calligrapher we found, we may not have time for her to do them, so we have to make that decision this week as well.....
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're having to forego the calligrapher because our invitation designer is <strong>TWO WEEKS LATE</strong> getting us the invitations (they were supposed to be in a week and a half ago, and they still aren't here). Assuming they come this week, I have to wait until the weekend to address them out. I'm really annoyed and want to write a nasty review, but only after she gets us the invitations.

Elizabeth - AHHH what an exciting week!  Enjoy it as much as possible :)

WR: Meeting with priest on Wednesday, writing out invitations when they arrive. 3 of my friends (none of whom are bridesmaids . . . ) offered to help me address them out because fiance has terrible handwriting and I don't want him anywhere near the invitations. :) I have awesome friends. Also, coordinating with the music lady at the church.

NWR: Work and that's about it. The charity with which I volunteer has an event this week, but I don't think I'll be able to make it since it's a happy hour thing. Also, it's the Derby this weekend so perhaps we'll do some day drinking! I like breaking out the Lilly Pulitzer even if I'm stuck in the Northeast :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridetobe I am planning to do the exact same thing (writing a bad review). I am going to give her negative feedback on Etsy based on her constant delays, the fact that it took two weeks to give us updated drafts after we changed ONE tiny thing, etc. It sucks. I want her to do a good job on them, but seriously, she has been so slow that it has been agonizing and horrible and is throwing off our calligrapher timeline.
  • I don't think I have anything planned this week WR. On Saturday we are going to have our inspection of the house we're buying and this is also finals week for grad school. So I will be extremely busy completing my final papers and taking my exam.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • butterfly, I told her FROM THE BEGINNING (like, as of beginning of February) that I wanted to send them out on May 1st. I was not equivocal about it and I specified that our contract was contingent on receiving them by them. She's had FOUR MONTHS to work on these and assured me I would receive them. When I asked for the status last week she said they would "probably be in around May 1st". I'm pretty livid about it. This is a legitimate invitation designer who charges quite a lot and I am less than impressed. Seriously, what's her problem? I am being a huge bridezilla lately and she's going to feel the wrath.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WR:Finish up the DIY invitations - we've made a lot of progress over the weekend. Okay, I'm lying, FI did almost all the work on them - I just sat in bed last night and helped glue. <3
    Trying to schedule my hair trial/make-up trial - but with my schedule the way it is - it's turning out to be quite a chore just to find a compatible date.

NWR: My cousin is getting married in the Smokey Mountains on May 12th - so this week - I need to find something to wear. -_- It's a fairly casual wedding - but I just really lack spring/summer dressy tops.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Elizabeth - Congrats on everything going on in your life right now!!

This weekend we got a bunch of stuff moved in, mainly from our storage unit and started painting three rooms! 

This week will probably be mostly work, school work, and going to the new house in the evenings to do painting and cleaning before we move all the furniture in this weekend.  Oh yeah and I suppose I should pack the stuff to get out of the apartment!

We do have to get our addresses over to the lady who is addressing our envelopes for us, hopefully she got the envelopes in already (Actually hopefully not so we have a few more days to finish formatting all the addresses the way she wants them.)  I wanted to do some DIY stuff for the wedding but I think that will be forgone this week.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:40e5a2fa-be03-4f66-a9b9-f366765b2d9dPost:752af83c-2149-418b-ad05-35dc0950ec79">Re: Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]butterfly, I told her FROM THE BEGINNING (like, as of beginning of February) that I wanted to send them out on May 1st. I was not equivocal about it and I specified that our contract was contingent on receiving them by them. She's had FOUR MONTHS to work on these and assured me I would receive them. When I asked for the status last week she said they would "probably be in around May 1st". I'm pretty livid about it. This is a legitimate invitation designer who charges quite a lot and I am less than impressed. Seriously, what's her problem? I am being a huge bridezilla lately and she's going to feel the wrath.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

OMG that's awful! I didn't give my girl a firm date, but I said I needed them by mid-April at the absolute latest (THIS IS WHAT I TOLD HER WHEN I ORDERED THEM IN JANUARY!!). It's currently April 30th and I still haven't seen an invitation. She promised they would be on my doorstep this week but she hasn't even shipped them this week.

I don't think either of us are being bridezillas :) invites are pretty gosh darn important!!!
  • oh my gosh, bridetobe/butterfly - that sounds so frustrating! Are you guys using the same designer? I would hope there aren't that many irresponsible designers on etsy. We just ordered custom ties and matching pocket squares on Etsy for the GM and FI. I really hope this doesn't turn into a horror story!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week:
    Today I have a meeting with the wedding planner to go over our mock up tables. then to a meeting for our cake

Tuesday NOTHING!!

Wednesday alteration appt to have my train worked on and son has tee ball that evening

Thursday NOTHING!!

Friday Marriage license

Saturday My BM birthday party, sons tee ball game

Sunday My BM daughters first birthday party. 

Overall a very mild week. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:40e5a2fa-be03-4f66-a9b9-f366765b2d9dPost:b3b22b62-7ff6-4fdc-b421-c6535027ca4a">Re: Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh my gosh, bridetobe/butterfly - that sounds so frustrating! Are you guys using the same designer? I would hope there aren't that many irresponsible designers on etsy. We just ordered custom ties and matching pocket squares on Etsy for the GM and FI. I really hope this doesn't turn into a horror story!
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

No, ours aren't from etsy. They are from an invitation designer in Philly. She does a great job, but her turnaround time is SUCKING. I am pretty furious about it right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oooh gotcha. I would've expected delays even less from a local designer. Hope you get them soon - GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bmore that's exactly what I thought! while my delays aren't exactly something I was hoping for, I would think that a local designer would be more on top of things than an etsy designer! I think I might pester her again by asking if she has shipped them yet....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:40e5a2fa-be03-4f66-a9b9-f366765b2d9dPost:a3adda90-f1fc-4569-95eb-8e8d55ebc327">Re: Happy Monday!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]bmore that's exactly what I thought! while my delays aren't exactly something I was hoping for, I would think that a local designer would be more on top of things than an etsy designer! I think I might pester her again by asking if she has shipped them yet....
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

That's what I just did. I asked her for the tracking code for the package (didn't give her a chance to say it wasn't ready yet). She was like, "I will overnight the invitations to you today and send the tracking code this afternoon." Sometimes you have to just be a b*tch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WR: We need to finish tying all of our invitations together and then hopefully get them out by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. 

NWR: We're renting out our photobooth for a bat mitzah this Saturday. I'm nervous/excited to see how it goes, and slightly sad I'm missing cinco de mayo. It's like my favorite meaningless holiday. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Elizabeth - Congratulations on graduating and buying a house!  2 HUGE steps!

WR: I have my makeup trial tonight.  I kind of have MUA regret because while her portfolio is unbelievable, her prices are sky-high.... so hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.  She also charges $25 extra for false individual eyelashes which I'm going to try to negotiate down tonight, because I think that price is ridiculous on top of her already-high rates.

Also, got my E ring resized and I get to pick it up on Wednesday... I CAN'T WAIT to wear a ring that fits without the little rubber sizer on the back of it. 

Also, also, going to the mall to check out hair accessories for my BMs.

NWR: Gym.  I start "bootcamp" in 3 weeks so I'm kind of nervous.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • @Meagan - that's so cool you are renting the booth! I would totally want to rent it from you if you weren't on the other side of the country, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Monday!! I am so happy this week has finally come. Today I just finished with finals and I am DONE with school until the fall. Yay! WR: Friday I have my hair/makeup trials. And then that afternoon we are finally getting our engagement pictures : Today I am shopping for something cute to wear. Also this week I can start finishing up a bunch of WR stuff that I have been putting off. NWR: Friday is also my 29th birthday. FI and I are going out with a bunch of friends and it should be really fun! I am excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Monday!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

My shower went really well yesterday!  It was so nice to see family and friends. I don't have pics on my computer yet unfortunately. We got lots of stuff, especially our big items! Our apartment is full of boxes! To those who registry stalk, don't worry if a lot of things haven't been taken off yet. A lot of people bought the week of the shower and even the day before. I talked to every guest for at least a few minutes, but I wish I had gone around more and chatted.  Also, I definitely wish I had taken more pictures. My mom was going around to everyone and taking pics but she didn't really ask anyone to pose. Also, I remember seeing a post a few weeks ago about the bride's mom buying her daughter her wedding night attire, and my mom actually did this! I was surprised b/c I had never heard of it until TK, but she bought me a really cute robe and nightie.  Overall, it was great and now the wedding feels even MORE real! 

So for this week....
    WR: Mailbox stalking for RSVPs (we've already gotten 8 back!), finalizing wedding bands and transportation (I feel like I write the last 2 to-dos EVERY week!)

NWR: Writing my final paper for grad class, going to my cousin's wedding on Saturday! 
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards