July 2012 Weddings
Options

Picture List

For some reason I had it in my head (or it didn't even dawn on me) that since I'm having such a casual wedding that my photographer would be casual as well. I just figured I'd give her a list of shots I wanted and they were all of family. We talked on the phone last night for the first time and she has all these wonderful ideas about shots of our rings, our invitations, etc. Now I'm worried I didn't plan for enough time!

What pictures were on your must have list??

I should add - I've been talking to my photographer via FB messages. She's the mom of one of my son's classmates so it's not like I don't know her at all.

Re: Picture List

• Options
    I am posting this in my wedding recap...but

I wish I would have made a little bit more of a detailed list of who exactly we wanted in pictures as far as families go.  It would have went much smoother...and if families would have stayed in the theatre like they were asked we would have been able to get things rolling...we only had 10 minutes of pictures for DH and I....It took 45 minutes to get in pictures of family and then we only had a few pictures of the entire wedding party together...=( 

I'm glad we did as many pictures as we could beforehand without DH and I together in them ...I'm glad we did that..but I was hoping to have a few more fun pictures all of us together after the ceremony...but...time restraints suck...

HTH!!!
  • Options
    A lot of the pictures of the rings and everything she's talking about she can get when you're getting ready if they don't need to be on your fingers or at the reception.  It'll work out!  Don't worry about it! =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Just ask her to get there earlier so that she can get all the detail photos. Maybe you can even adjust your timeline by 15-30 minutes for more photos of you and your FI.
  • Options
    molly&dalemolly&dale member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I didnt give my photographer a list. She asked if I had any must have shots. My only request was something where FI was sitting and I was standing next to him, to mimic a photo of my great great grandparents on their wedding day. We had her booked starting at 1 pm for our 3 pm wedding. She got there at 1245 and got tons of the detail shots without me even noticing. If you're worried about timing, maybe see if she can be there 30 min. before you originally planned, but if she's a good photographer she'll get the good shots when they happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards