Ohio-Toledo
Options

Alterations

Anybody know any good seamstresses in the area?  I don't need any major alterations, just the bodice taken in a bit, straps and hem shortened, and perhaps some bra cups/bodice liner sewn in.  I'm hoping to be able to get it all done for $80 or under, but I have no idea if that is reasonable or not.  I really want to avoid David's Bridal though, I've heard lots of horror stories about their alterations department.  TIA!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Alterations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pam Thomas!  She works out of her home in Maumee (which was a bit of a drive for me, but totally worth it).  She does great work, has very reasonable prices, and is just so sweet.  I highly recommend her.

Jane from Jane's Perfect Fit gets rec'd around here a lot, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I have seen both of those talked about a lot on this board...I think I'm going to give her a call.  :)  I live just outside of Maumee, so that's easy!

• Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yep, Pam is great.  Her house is hard to find, though.  Just a warning ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pam is also out of town for the next 2-3 weeks on a cruise to Australia - so you may not be able to get ahold of her right away. FYI
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that cruise sounds awesome!! Good for her :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_alterations-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:1c519f68-ae64-481c-81bb-06e62977d653Post:84b145aa-c95f-464f-ab6e-8f8dad72a125">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pam is also out of town for the next 2-3 weeks on a cruise to Australia - so you may not be able to get ahold of her right away. FYI
    Posted by bsharp3[/QUOTE]

Yep.  This is why she couldn't do my alterations. LOL

I called Pam, but since she is on the above cruise, she had to send me elsewhere.  She recommended Jane of Jane's Perfect Fit.

Jane has been great to work with.  She is doing a lot of alterations, and I thought it was a reasonable price.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls!  I don't need the alterations done right this minute, so I'm fine to wait until she gets back, I just wanted to start getting some ideas now!  Anyone know anything about Blessed Beginnings alterations?  It's two women, Linda and Melissa.  I can't remember which one right now, but one of them works with my dad and gave him her card when she heard I was engaged.  I'll probably check them out too, unless you ladies know any reason why I shouldn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards