Military Brides

Air force and bridal party

My FI is in an Air Force officer so he will be wearing his mess dress. I chose purple as my bridesmaids dress color, and I was thinking for the groomsmen navy suits...the problem is I am having a hard time finding rental places with navy suits and so I was thinking of changing the groomsmen attire to black instead but then they wouldn't match my FI. Or since half of his groomsmen are in the AF as well idk if letting them wear their AF uniforms which all aren't the same as my fi and the civilians having black suits would look too unmatchy or weird...idk I'm confused. All opinions are appreciated, I really dk what to choose lol help!!!!

Re: Air force and bridal party

• Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I had a WP at my VR. I know I'm blasphemous cause you're not supposed to do that but whatever. H was in Navy Dress Blues cracker jacks, 2 groomsmen were in Army Dress Blues, and 2 were in black tuxes. I seriously wouldn't get OCD about the matching because is really all ends up matching and looks fine anyway. If your FI wants to wear his uniform then let him wear it. ETA: My cousin also married an AF officer. His GM's were his brothers who not SM's. They wore black tuxes and it was all very classy. Seriously don't sweat it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My H wore his MC Blues and we had guys in black tuxes, and my MOH was in her AF mess dress. Our wedding photos are awesome, and there's no issues with colors.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Thanks for your advice...now I'm wondering if black tuxes for civilians with purple bowties will still look good with other groomsmen in air force blues who can't wear colored bowties...ahhh or i'll just make everyone wear black tuxes
  • Keep it simple.  Stick with black ties for the civilian groomsmen.  

My personal opinion on colored ties/vests with tuxes is that they should only be worn for prom.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My FI is wearing his mess dress, one of the other groomsmen is wearing Army dress blues and the other five guys are wearing black tuxes with grey ties. I'd had a few thoughts about having them get navy suits to match, but we decided the tuxes would look better.
    image 342 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 50 Will be missing out!
    image 200 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_air-force-and-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:336d709e-4db2-4467-bc8f-b734e0cf2281Post:80e1d069-ddbb-4085-8f5c-205326c3d6cb">Re: Air force and bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Keep it simple.  Stick with black ties for the civilian groomsmen.   My personal opinion on colored ties/vests with tuxes is that they should only be worn for prom.  
    Posted by iluvmytxrgr[/QUOTE]

<div>AMEN!</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • We're renting blue suits, As the rest of the party and my FI will be in their Army dress blues.. I know Jos. A Banks rents them. Our wedding isn't quite formal enough for tuxes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards