October 2013 Weddings

Wedding Colours HELP!

Hi Everyone!!

I am really having a hard time picking colours! I definitely want yellow, BUT I dont really want yellow dresses (all my BMs are blonde). I want colors that will look gorgeous with the changing trees. I am in NB Canada, a beautiful place to be in October. I was thinking yellow and grey but am having a hard time picturing it. Does anybody have any suggestions?? 

Re: Wedding Colours HELP!

• Well, I'm planning on doing a variety of fall colors for our wedding. I'll be having some reds, yellows, dark oranges, and a bit of green thrown in. I don't like the idea of brown, and my FI would never wear a brown tux/suit, so I'm going to do black BM dresses and black suits. I think it'll still look amazing. You could do a bunch of fall colors with either gray, black, or brown. It's up to you! All in all, I think yellow and gray would look nice together. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Personally, I don't like the fall colors. But they do all look good together and can give you a good theme. 

I really like yellow and blue. Or yellow and a shade of purple?

Or if you went with grey the groom and groomsmen could wear grey suits. That would be cute.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought about using yellow as well but like you said it is very hard for some people to pull off.  I decided to go with burgundy (wine)  and champagne.  maybe you could take one of the blonde bridesmaids with you to try on a yellow dress just to see how it would look.  Good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Go into the colors section of the knot. Click on gray & yellow as your colors & they'll show you examples of those color weddings & how brides pulled it off. I personally think gray and yellow are awesome, and very different to the standard fall or wine colors. I've seen it done very nicely with a focus on soft and darker grays with touches of yellow throughout. Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_wedding-colours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:4b3ecd36-43b0-4e3c-a3b2-65ec36e47702Post:2c325fe9-385f-4a39-8b4b-045712b6e8bd">Re: Wedding Colours HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought about using yellow as well but like you said it is very hard for some people to pull off.  I decided to go with burgundy (wine)  and champagne.  <strong>maybe you could take one of the blonde bridesmaids with you to try on a yellow dress just to see how it would look</strong>.  Good luck!
    Posted by shannie11[/QUOTE]

Id say go with this. Im a blonde and actually like yellow as it makes me look tanner.

I also like the Grey and Yellow idea. My friend did Yellow, Grey, and a blue which looked really good together.

• I had 100% decided my colos. Then I saw pictures from my venue from the previous fall, and saw how much competition for color there was going to be with the pecan trees. So i picked the one contrasting color I liked best (deep purple), and am running with that, with bridesmaids/groomsmen in khaki dresses/suits. If you are going to have an outside venue, think about what its going to look like then. And since we have the benefit of seeing another October come and go, go look at it around the time of your date. It may help quite a bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In the latest Knot on page 94 there is a "Wedding party style -decorded" with the bridesmaids in gray dresses with yellow and white bouquets. Some of the girls are blonde. I thought of you when I saw it- check it out :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using yellow and chocolate brown as my colors, but brown is going to dominate.  The only reason yellow came into our scheme is because I have my heart set on sunflowers and billy balls.  I don't have BM's, but if I were to have them I would have their dresses be dark brown.

I think yellow and gray is absolutely lovely (dark gray to charcoal would be my preference), and it's not something you see at every wedding.  Your BM's could wear gray with a yellow sash? Or no sash and hold yellow flowers?
  • We are doing purple and grey. They are our favorite colors but also very fall and vibrant I hope! Maybe browns, golds, oranges, reds, purples, greens and I've even seen some blues that look beautiful. Good luck!
  • we are doing purple with white and yellow color accents
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards