September 2012 Weddings
Options

Another name change thought...

I've always gone by my middle name, which makes it annoying because on forms and things I'm always being called by my first name.  I was thinking after I'm married I would just add FI last name to the end of my 3 names, but now I'm considering....getting rid of my first name..?  Anybody else in the same boat?  Would this be weird?  I feel kind of attached to all of my names (darn sentimental personality), but my first name is probably the one I'm least attached to. I'm the last in our family with my last name, so I don't want to get rid of it...hm...
Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot

Re: Another name change thought...

• Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Hm...I am not in this boat but I am kinda having this dilemma with keeping my middle name versus my maiden name as my middle name. Would hyphenating be a possibility? Maybe with your last names?

Like you, I'm the last in my family with my last name, so I'm attached to it, but my middle name just flows so well with FI's last name. I know that's kinda dumb though. I may just end up keeping both.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, I think instead of hyphenating I'd just add his onto the end. Both of our names together would be 6 syllables though!  Also I think it might be a hassle on paperwork when it asks for your middle initial and that sort of thing.  Might just be easier to stick with three names.  This planning stuff has brought up a lot of indecision in me, seems like I can't make my mind up on anything!!  What is my deal?  I started crying the other day because I couldn't figure out our color scheme!!  lol  I'm about ready to slap myself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Yeah, I see what you mean. That is a tough call. Luckily though, this is one decision that you can put off for a while!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the indecisiveness. I have always been indecisive, and so has FI, so this is just bringing out the worst in both of us! Haha. I'll sit and ponder and come up with more ideas and struggle and struggle with a decision and then I'll come back to the real world and realize that I'm about to lose my mind over a font, or the color of napkins, or the flavor of cake and I have an epiphany about how RIDICULOUS it is! Haha.

We just have to keep reminding ourselves that in the end we will be married, and it will be beautiful, and no one will ever EVER care about the color of the napkins as much as we do. They probably won't even realize if they don't match. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards