South Asian Weddings

Lurker/ Confessions Thursday

Where are the new girls?? Tell us about you and your FI!

Re: Lurker/ Confessions Thursday

• edited December 2011
    I confess that my patience is wearing thin with most people. I try not to let it show, but it's getting harder and harder to hold in...
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I confess... um... that I had pizza for breakfast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Priya310Priya310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi!  so, i have to admit, i am a lurker.  my wedding date is finally set- 10/8/2011.  our engagement is on 05/14/2011.  i am from Philly, the boy is from Houston but lives in NYC. 

just had to say hi :)
  • reshma82reshma82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    confession- i want to hit my FI cuz i am going crazy and have to figure out rooming, food and hair makeup etc for an engagment that will be in NJ and i live in MI and do not have the time!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a huge lurker and occasionally post things, and have found all of you girls to be helpful, wonderful, and fun!  I admit that checking The Knot every morning while I drink coffee is a great way to start the day :)..I'm getting married on 6/11/11 In Newport, Rhode Island

Ok here's my confession.  My bridal shower is this weekend in Houston and I confess that even though I am not planning it, I am super tired/exhausted/frustrated from preparing my house, cleaning, and shopping to make my house look nice.  FI and I moved in together a few months ago and the bridal shower will be at my house.  I am nervous as to what my "conservative" aunts will say (aka talk behind our backs) when they see that we are living together before we are married.  I personally don't care, but I feel bad for my mom who has to deal with all the gossip.  My mom said it's no big deal and she prefers to have the shower at my house because we will be more comfortable there rather than a restaurant.  But I know once the gossip starts, she will feel bad.

• edited December 2011
    Well, I've posted once or twice now, so I should de-lurk...

Hi!

I'm from the US (Pennsylvania) and FI is from Goa, though he's been here for about 10 years.  He still has a lot of family in Goa...and everywhere else in the world!

We're both Catholic, so a lot of the customs and traditions discussed on this board are unfamiliar to both of us, but I love reading about all the details!!

We're getting married May 28 in my hometown (about an hour north of Philadelphia).  At last count, we've got people coming in from seven different countries so far for our wedding, so we're pretty excited!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_lurker-confessions-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:6b992f01-b2a3-4121-a555-8550110a3ecdPost:bfd0af60-0ecf-4ce9-bdd1-38dfa9e295b9">Re: Lurker/ Confessions Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that my patience is wearing thin with most people. I try not to let it show, but it's getting harder and harder to hold in...
    Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#000080">Are you in my brain today? That's basically how I feel. I've been contemplating how nice it would be to buy a farm, grow my own food, trade some for milk, and just shun people.</font></strong>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome girls!! I noticed we were getting some new faces here! Hope you stick around and share you wedding thoughts and ideas with us!

christyhal - FI and I are both Catholic too. If you have questions please feel to ask any questions! I would love to help if I can.
  • BrideToBe119BrideToBe119 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm new to the board but so far all that I've read has been very helpful to me since I am just now beginning to plan my wedding which is on 12/30/2011. I'm from Houston and FI is from Austin so it's kind of difficult trying to find venues, and since the wedding's going to be in Houston I feel like I'm going to be doing most of the planning which is really starting to frustrate me but hopefully it won't stay like this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards