Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Show me your photo sharing stuff...

I was wondering what sites everyone is using for guests to go to share photos from the wedding. I'm looking for something free, somewhere that is cheap to buy prints from, good quality, and don't require all the guests who visit to upload to create their own account with the website. Does this even exist?

Also, can I see your photo sharing cards? I'm trying to get a design together to do through vistaprint.

Thanks all! :)

Re: Show me your photo sharing stuff...

• edited December 2011
    We set up a Shutterfly page (if you already have a Shutterfly account you can use that and your pics will stay private). Guests will have to create an account - I think that's pretty standard. Maybe check Flickr?

(Bigger image in bio under "paper".)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing shutterfly as well. I still have to make a card...but it will probably be similar to beka's
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH wrote our wedding website with a photo upload section, so I'm no help there.  However, if you don't want guests to create an account, you could just make a new account for your wedding with an easy password and then give all the guests your name and password.  Then they can all access the same account.  I'm not sure how that would work for letting them buy pictures though, as the credit card thing wouldn't work.  They could download though.  After awhile, you could just change the password so no one else can get back into it.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's what I'm doing Heather!
  • edited December 2011
    Related to the billing issue (I never thought of that. thanks for the heads up).... something like Shutterfly might be helpful.  You can choose to have them delivered to a Target (Walgreens/Walmart too?) and pick them up/pay for them at that time, so you don't have to worry about people's billing info staying in the system.
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are using shutterfly.  So, I am not much help on that.

Our photo share cards:

Still just the first draft using Power Point.  I haven't worked on them recently.

vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Flickr because we can DL the high res images ourselves instead of being stuck with thumbnail-quality images from Shutterfly/Snapfish when you right click > Save or having to pay for prints or a disc of the images.  We made a generic account and gave out the username/password on free business cards from VistaPrint (will post pics later, you might need to remind me!).
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards