September 2012 Weddings

Gettting Nervous

My wedding is the 29th & I look on my countdown, & see the days going by I am getting butterflies in my stomach. I was taking a look at our vows, & my hands are starting to shake I am really excited though, I am just so nervous. Anybody feel like me?

Re: Gettting Nervous

• Nope I'm still at the stressed out point.
  • i am sorry your stressed out.
  • I am just ready for the wedding to be here now. I am SO over planning lol
  • I feel you, girl!  3 months for us tomorrow!  Wow.  I'm ready for the wedding and I'm not.  I want to be FI's wife but feel like the planning is flying.  Even though it is exhausting, I do know how special this time is because I don't plan on having another wedding!  I do get kinda nervous almost because it doesn't feel real at times.  3 months is no time at all and I think of how it'll feel when it is just a few days away and can't imagine all the emotions I'll  have and how surreal that will all feel. 

Maybe it is because before FI I was the perpetual single girl and had come to terms with my fate of being a spinster?  Haha for real though...that was me.  So to be not only in love but getting married seems like a way better story of my life!  LOL
  • I'm really starting to get tired of planning and spending every spare minute doing projects and getting everything organized. Of course, I do it to myself but I am really looking forward to September 16th :P

(but I have been getting more and more butterflies - the good kind)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I can't say I am nervous at all. I am just super excited and can't wait for the day to get here.  I am ready to get home to Arizona and have a month off and away from the military life and just be with my FI, friends and family.  I am also looking forward to the honeymoon for so fun and relaxation on the beach.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, I just moved into the 70s and also realized I have to get the invites out by July 14! Ahhhhhhhh. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • ltleenltleen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yep, I'm very nervous. I've had one too many wedding nightmares :S It's just such a big thing to plan, and there are so many opportunities for things to go wrong :P haha
  • I was right there around the 3 month mark - it was really shocking!  It made me nervous and really anxious - cold sweats, palms shaking, insomnia, biting all my nails off, stress eating (bad bride! no more buffalo wings & chocolate!).

But about a week ago, when the invitations went out, I have felt a sense of peace.  We're going to get our marriage license today, and while there's a sense of it all being rather surreal, I'm not nearly as stressed about it as I was at the 3 month mark.

Make lists - figure out exactly what you have to get accomplished, and try to do as much as you reasonably can do this month.  There's some things you simply can't do until later, like a last fitting for the dress (if you're trying to lose weight) or seating chart (since you need your RSVPs back).  But just make a list and start checking them off, and don't be afraid to delegate tasks to others who are willing to help - parents, your FI, friends/bridesmaids/siblings, or even grandparents.  Don't presume, but if someone asks how they can help, don't be afraid to say, "You know, I really do need someone to help assemble the invitations with me.  Would you be willing to do that?"

Also, find some way to relieve stress - take long walks with your FI (we walk our dog), have a romantic low-key picnic dinner and don't talk wedding stuff (marriage stuff is okay - we talk babies).  Exercise!  Yoga!  Eat healthy and make sure to sleep enough.  Cut back on caffeine.  If you do those things, you'll likely find the stress dissipates a bit.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_gettting-nervous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:12744ac1-1823-4e6d-92a5-eeb48c36917aPost:8393194e-cd1a-4160-9fd6-d1d203baf8cf">Re: Gettting Nervous</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really starting to get tired of planning and spending every spare minute doing projects and getting everything organized. Of course, I do it to myself <strong>but I am really looking forward to September 16th</strong> :P (but I have been getting more and more butterflies - the good kind)
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

Everytime I freak out about how much time I <em>don't </em>have left, FI responds with, "Look at it as it's another day closer to Sept. 16." The day AFTER the wedding. I am SOO looking forward to that day!

But to respond to the OP, Yes, I am nervous. Though, I honestly don't think it's hit me that we're getting married. I don't think that will really come until the day of or maybe at the rehearsal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_gettting-nervous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:12744ac1-1823-4e6d-92a5-eeb48c36917aPost:4e1fcf2d-34f6-4ef1-a82b-299edf90e0cc">Re: Gettting Nervous</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gettting Nervous : Everytime I freak out about how much time I don't have left, FI responds with, "Look at it as it's another day closer to Sept. 16." The day AFTER the wedding. I am SOO looking forward to that day! But to respond to the OP, Yes, I am nervous. Though, I honestly don't think it's hit me that we're getting married. I don't think that will really come until the day of or maybe at the rehearsal.
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

I feel the same.... I KNOW I'm getting married and I'm excited (but the same level of excitment as going on a vacation).  Also nervous as ever!!!  I'm so paranoid that something isn't going to go right, that I forgot something or that I wont have enough money to finish paying for everything... YIKES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards