Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

My face can be an oil slick...

Anyone have any amazing products they've found to help battle oily skin?  If so please share, heeeelp!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My face can be an oil slick...

• Options
    I put corn starch in my loose powder container and apply it with a large fluffy brush. I clean the brush regularly with a vinegar water solution.
    Don't ever use those round white poofs that come with makeup, they absorb your face oils and eventually you are just rubbing oil and dirty makeup into your pores
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Makeup Forever makes a Finishing powder that has helped me a ton. It's white, but don't let it scare you off. I usually put it on over my normal powder, and it's amazing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_my-face-can-be-an-oil-slick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:48434732-e8b7-41f4-b970-2e9371ed6ae4Post:00a398b0-bd2d-4af2-beca-9fb351f4a48a">Re: My face can be an oil slick...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Makeup Forever makes a Finishing powder that has helped me a ton. It's white, but don't let it scare you off. I usually put it on over my normal powder, and it's amazing.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto!  Sephora makes a cheaper one though FYI that has the same ingredients.  I also use the Neutrogena oil blotting sheets BEFORE I touch up makeup during the day, and I find that helps a lot too.</div>
  • Options
    As a Dermatologist Consultant for Rodan and Fields, I would recommend doing a consultation.  Here is my solution tool website: 
    https://sllanes.myrandf.com/Pages/OurProducts/GetAdvice/SolutionsTool

Read the Doctors Tips under Unblemish

Also, I love the UNBLEMISH Blot Papers with Zincidone.  It immediately reduces surface oil  and oil production.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies I'm going to check these products out.
  • Options
    Use an oil free moisturizer and a primer under your makeup. Then use an oil free liquid makeup and set with loose (translucent) powder using a big fluffy brush.

Makeup Forever HD powder (white) -like CWagonn mentioned is my favorite too. 

You can also get a Blotting Powder compact from MAC -still apply with a brush!

You will inevitably get shiny hours later. That's the natural reaction oily skin has when we strip it of it's natural oils; it produces more! But a simple blot with tissue or blotting papers and an additional setting with more powder after will maintain your look. 

Just ask your MOH to keep an eye on you. Or carry a little mirror with you, if you can.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards