Texas-San Antonio
Options

8 pm too late to start reception?

When is the best time to start an outdoor ceremony in March (the sunset is at 7:45 pm)?
The photogrpaher suggested we start the ceremony at 6:15 so we'll be taking pictures around 6:45-7.  That means the reception would start at 8 and everyone needs to have left the venue by midnight.  Is that too late to serve dinner and too short a time for the reception?

Re: 8 pm too late to start reception?

• Options
    What is your guest list like?  I would prefer to start it earlier than that. 

You are also planning on having a full hour between the ceremony and the reception?  Most wedding's I've been to (including my own) have the reception starting as soon as the first guest gets to that venue.  Dinner isn't served until 7:30 sometimes, but the people get there and mingle and maybe eat some appetizers or a cheese plate.

I wouldn't expect your guests to wait to enter the building and get to their tables.

The photographer says the best light is at sunrise or sunset.  That is true, but also consider how many of your photos will be indoors.  That will take some time too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We're going to have 100-150 people and the ceremony and reception site are at the same location, so we were thinking about having beverages and lawn games/photobooth to keep people entertained while we were taking pictures.  They can just walk over once the ceremony is over but the reception/dinner probably wouldn't start until 8.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards