Georgia-Atlanta

Help!! Just engaged this moth, what next???

Hello  my fellow ATL brides and congrats. I just got engaged this month April 8th, I have a date and a budget but I want to make sure Im doing what is priority first. Help me, what should be first???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help!! Just engaged this moth, what next???

• edited December 2011
    Figure out  your guest list! That will determine a lot as far as food and catering.

Oh and congratulations and welcome!
  • ruffjewelruffjewel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Someone else said that also. Thanks for ur help

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed on the guest list - and then you will need a venue that can seat everyone within your budget, on your date.  Once you have that you can start on some of the other important vendors like photograper, DJ, florist.  They can book up to a year in advance or more sometimes if very popular.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely budget (be liberal here... if you want to plan on spending around $10,000 make your budget for $8000 that way when things come up last minute- and they will, it won't break your budget), guest list, and venue right away! Depending on your date, you'll also need to start dress shopping for yourself and your bridesmaids because some places take up to 6 months to get your dress in. Good luck and congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I just got engaged this month as well! Eventhough my fiance and I are planning a wedding 1 year away, we've already determined our budget, prospective dates, a rough guest list, and we are viewing a few venues this weekend.  I was concerned about making a wedding planner my first priority, but as we started looking at venues we realized that several sites and churches have event planners or coordinators that work with you through your event.

Happy Planning!
  • ruffjewelruffjewel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank You all for you much need advice. Congrats ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Find the venue before you buy a dress!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards