California-Orange County
Options

Photo booth vs. instant photo magnets- please help me choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I don’t know which one of the two services to choose- They both cost the same.

On the one hand I can take the photo booth which is a great service, that everyone are familiar with- I’ve talked with a company called “Capital Photo Booth” for that. On the other hand, there is the instant photo magnets service provided by a company called “MK Magnets”, which is a new and unique service- where a photographer takes pictures of the guests, and prints them on magnets with a frame of my choice to give to the guests during the event.

Girls, what do you think?????

Re: Photo booth vs. instant photo magnets- please help me choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    SkiptinkSkiptink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been mulling over the photo-booth idea myself.  My only reservation towards all things photo-related is that some people are very photo-conscious.  How long will some of my friends take before they have a photo they "like"
  • Options
    Kathy224Kathy224 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is exactly my concern about the photo booth- I don’t want it to draw attention from my wedding.  This is actually the nice thing about the other service (Mk Magnets), their photographer walks around and takes pictures, so he comes to the guests and not the other way around, and then after an hour or so the magnets are posted on a board.
  • Options
    DK630DK630 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never worked with or seen the instant photo magnets you are talking about, but I have been to a ton of photobooth weddings and the guests always seem to have a BLAST in there.  I don't know what type of atmosphere you're going for, but a photobooth always seems to add to the party.  Especially if you add some fun props to the mix.  Good luck with your decision! 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a "party crowd"? They love photo booths! Make sure they bring a lot of fun props, and see if you can get an album of all of the photos at the end. You'll get amazing photos of your guests at their best, showing their personalities.

The magnets are a good idea, but they'll be posed and not as fun of a memory in my opinion.
  • Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a photobooth and all of the guests loved it. I don't think it drew attention away from my wedding- in fact, the photobooth is what all of the guests talked about the most.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to two different weddings that had Sparkle Photo booth http://sparklephotobooth.com/index.html and they were so much fun. They brought a box of fun props to use. They had a table set up outside the booth with Scrapbook supplies in which the guest were encouraged to make a page for the bride and groom. The Scrapbook pages were later collected and given to the bride and groom in a book. It was a cute idea! I haven't experienced the instant photo magnets, sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards