Delaware
Options

ceremony question

Hello All,

I just got recently engaged about 2 weeks ago and now the planning begins...my fiance has been divorced and was married in the catholic church..I have heard that some catholic churchs will marry without an annulment....I do not want to go through the hassle of gettiig one because we want to be married within 10 months....does anybody know of a local church in the north Wilmington or Delaware county PA....thanks for your help! 

Melodie

Re: ceremony question

• Options
    Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Sorry...I can't help with your question but I just wanted to say Welcome to the DE board and congrats on your engagement.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ImMrsFranksImMrsFranks member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Wilmington, DE. It is such a gorgeous church and the people their are wonderful. I highly recommend Pastor Anne. We too wanted to get married in a Catholic Church, but with my husband not being Catholic and us having a child already together, it proposed too many issues. Westminster was very helpful and understanding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!  I am not Catholic, so I can't really help you there, but we are being married by Pastor Patrick Downes of St. Philip's Lutheran Church on Kirkwood Highway.  Being a "recovering Catholic" as he calls himself (13 years of Catholic school, and his parents are still technically Catholic), he knows and understands the problems that can arise.  He's extremely understanding and easy to get along with (he's young, only 38).  If you would like his info, let me know- I highly suggest him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards