Kentucky
Options

Favors??

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if you ladies had any good ideas for KY favors  and stuff to put into welcome baskets. Im putting some Louisiana stuff in there too, but I wasnt sure what all Kentucky stuff I could do. I was thinking maybe Ale 8, makers mark, or bourbon balls but I wanted to stuff their welcome baskets with more KY stuf...yall tell me what you think! Thanks!!!

Re: Favors??

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh!  We did:

Ale-8, a bunch of Kentucky candies (bourbon balls, Blue Mondays, and Modjeskas - I would have included plain cream pull candies if the budget had allowed), and I got a great deal on the mini bottles of Evan Williams Honey Bourbon at Liquor Barn - 10 for $6.  Makers was $3/each. 

If you check with the Lexington Tourism folks they'll send you brochures you can use.  I also got a bunch from the Bourbon Trail people and included those. 

I'd have loved to include small bottles of Kentucky wine, but it's not widely available.  Other ideas:  beaten biscuits with country ham, locally made toiletries (there's a lady in Louisville that does Bourbon & Brown Sugar soap and lotion that I desperately wanted, but it was out of budget - she does Mint Julep stuff too!), local honey, chocolate horseshoes, etc. 

There's more info on what we used, where I got it, how I packaged, etc., in my planning bio.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    KirstenlKirstenl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    O my goodness gracious thank u! wonderful ideas...me and my FI defenitly want our guests to feel and expeirence the KY goodness all around us here. Great ideas so far!
  • Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also get KFC buckets for $1 each to put everything in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards