Florida-South Florida
Options

Spray Tan!

Anyone know of a airbrush person to give me color? I am ghostly white and need to have some color or I will blend in with my dress. Ive done Mystic Tan before but I always screw it up and dont want to risk it at my wedding. TIA!

Re: Spray Tan!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm of no help except a place near my house and I forget its name lol. You can try Boca Tanning tho!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Boca Tanning and it wasn't bad. You just stand in a few positions and inside the booth it has pictures and tells you when to move.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahh i would be too scared to do it..lol...you should def go before the wedding and do a trial run!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didnt do spray tan but I did go to the tanning salon 5 times in the two weeks before the wedding - I really liked the color I got - and I had a nice base tan for the HM - only thing is I went to the "super duper" stand up tanning and it was pricey!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

lol Karen, I'm ghostly white too!!! and I'm too scared to go to tanning salons!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I burn after 10 minutes so I wont do a booth or lay out.
    I will trying Boca Tanning and see. I plan on doing it before my bachelorette party to try it.
    Thanks ladies
  • Options
    grs0836grs0836 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are ghostly white, please do not do the tanning booths.  I know a couple of people who go to Boca Tanning and recommend the spray tan.  I also recommend having a person do the spraying and not a machine.  The machine can be uneven and miss a few spots.  Having a person do it will ensure even coverage and desired color.  Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have to be very careful with spray tan. It can start to shed off in some areas and then you end up looking all spotted and different colors. Make sure you put lotion on your knees. elbows, and around your nails, Any area that creases. Do a trial way before your wedding for incase you don't like it then it has time to fade away properly. You also need to make sure it is not to orange for your complection. Maybe talk to your MU lady she can put some bronzer on areas that are showing. HTH

Sorry I am just not a fan of spray tan. I have done it a few times (4times) and it just doesnt come out nice. I did it having a person spray me not in a box spray.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

one of my bridesmaids who recently got married had the best fake tan i have ever seen. she recommended her girl to me - cheryl: hallc6@yahoo.com

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I go to a tanning salon on Coral Way and about 126th, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it right now. Anyway, I don't like spray tans. They usually come out streaky and/or orange. I use the stand up tanner... it's only 10 min. long and you can turn it off before your ten min. are up in case you feel too hot or anything. And once the initial redness goes away (about two hours), you're left with a very nice golden color.

I go about three times a week, but only when I have an event coming up where I will be in a bikini or skimpy outfit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards