Catholic Weddings

Music/Program Help!

My FI and I are having a traditional Catholic wedding. Our Church doesn't offer lots of help. How did anyone find/pick their wedding music and how do you set up a program? Are there any websites that can help? How do I know the order of the Mass?

Re: Music/Program Help!

• edited December 2011
    catholicweddinghelp.com and foryourmarriage.org

These websites are the ABSOLUTE best guides and have tons of helpful info. I seriously go on the sites about 2 times a day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 185 Tried Out for the Team image 153 Starters
    image 28 Were Cut image 0 Are Benched
  • edited December 2011
    And for the wedding music, anything classical is ok, but you can always go on tk, weddingchannel.com and projectwedding.com and type in classical wedding ceremony songs and they often have lists of songs that are appropriate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 185 Tried Out for the Team image 153 Starters
    image 28 Were Cut image 0 Are Benched
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_musicprogram?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:4873434a-2533-4e2b-a43a-e4a9c5d5944dPost:b5b3df05-ca69-4080-bfa1-0f236d977821">Music/Program Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I are having a traditional Catholic wedding. Our Church doesn't offer lots of help. How did anyone find/pick their wedding music and how do you set up a program? Are there any websites that can help? How do I know the order of the Mass?
    Posted by blondbelle15[/QUOTE]

Our church had a list of suggested songs, but we were allowed to choose anything as long as it wasn't secular.

As far as the programs go, I have helped quite a few ladies on here with them. I would be happy to help you with yours as well. Just send me a PM. And bear with me if I don't get back with your right away b/c we are in the process of moving back to Columbus (I see you are in Columbus) right now. I basically made myself a template and designed it myself. There are also a lot of websites that have free downloadable templates on them. Then you can just modify it for your use.
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    o0o PM from me, can I see your program template please!!
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The site that was suggested above was really helpful. I also used some templates from fellow Knotties because my church doesn't require any sort of program so I didn't have much to work from--only a suggested song sheet. Let me know if you would like to see it--I designed it in Word/Publisher.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_musicprogram?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:4873434a-2533-4e2b-a43a-e4a9c5d5944dPost:9090ddeb-63e2-428a-aae1-dd594758ed96">Re: Music/Program Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]o0o PM from me, can I see your program template please!!
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

I responded.
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_musicprogram?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:4873434a-2533-4e2b-a43a-e4a9c5d5944dPost:49ab7d20-522a-490f-9b84-d3a2765b723b">Re: Music/Program Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music/Program Help! : I responded.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_musicprogram?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:4873434a-2533-4e2b-a43a-e4a9c5d5944dPost:599cbf04-1db3-4559-a1ee-655451dde7ad">Re: Music/Program Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music/Program Help! : Thanks!!
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. I hope it helps you.
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @blondebell--I returned your PM. Just let me know your email and I'll send it to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards