New Jersey
Options

Who married/will marry you

I'm looking into a church that told me I could use their pastor to marry us or I could bring in whom ever I'd like to marry FI and I.

Who did/will you use?
Someone from the church, justice of the peace, mayor, an ordained minister...?
Where did you find them??

Re: Who married/will marry you

• Options
    We hired a minister.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we are having my aunt and uncle's rabbi since I'm not originally from here and don't have any connections to other rabbis.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    We're being married in FH's family's parish, but the priest who ran Catholic Campus Ministry at our college who we're very close to is marrying us, not a parish priest. Same archdiocese so we have no paperwork issues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    We used Father John Michael O'Sullivan who is a retired priest and did our outdoor ceremony.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    We're getting married by the pastor I grew up with at the church I grew up in (he's not there anymore, but he agreed to come marry us there).
  • Options
    We're getting married at the church where I am a member, and the pastor of the church will be marrying us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    We are getting married by a priest that is a close family friend of FI's family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used a judge from town to marry us. It was a very simple, short ceremony and it didn't cost anything!
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_who-marriedwill-marry-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:53355c2b-58d1-4480-9400-c3fbe1d8918ePost:fc26c719-ec66-4ae5-ad57-fd724638509a">Who married/will marry you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking into a church that told me I could use their pastor to marry us or I could bring in whom ever I'd like to marry FI and I. Who did/will you use? Someone from the church, justice of the peace, mayor, an ordained minister...? Where did you find them??
    Posted by S&D23[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It depends on your denomination. In the Catholic Church you can only be married by a priest or deacon (ordained in the Catholic church). We are using the parish priest, but we did have the option to ask another Catholic priest. Double check with your church on what their requirements are. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards